Part 16

The whole Batfam was curious as to why Damian had sent a cryptic text in the quote, unquote, "Batchat".

Baby Bird: We need to meet on top of Wayne Tower tonight at midnight. You'll understand when it happens.

When he got home, they all bombarded him with questions, but none of them got any answers. Naturally, Alfred knew what was going on, but he also refused to answer any of their questions.

And so, the rest of the family, (other than Bruce and Tim) continued to pester the former assassin. (Bruce was too dignified and busy to care, and the sedative that Grayson had given Tim hadn't worn off yet.) Thus, Damian being Damian, blew a fuse and nearly killed his whole family.

Luckily, Marinette being Marinette, interrupted at just the right moment. "I assume you're not on patrol yet, but you need to be seeing as how it's nine-thirty and you need to be done with your patrol by the meet-up time."

Damian glanced at his watch and saw that she was right. It was about time for them to start patrol, so instead of lashing out at his siblings, he merely went down to the Batcave.

The young man quickly changed into his Robin uniform and headed back out into the main part of the Cave. He nearly rolled his eyes at the sight before him.

Nightwing and Red Hood were wrestling on the floor, someone had woken Red Robin and he was hacking into three satellites at once. The girls were preparing to paint their toenails. It was then that Bruce walked in.

"What are you doing? You all are supposed to be ready for patrol when I get down here."

All of Robin's adopted siblings snapped to attention at the sound of their father's voice. A smirk crawled across Robin's face. This is going to be fun to watch.

"What is?" Marinette asked in his head and he nearly face-palmed at the fact that he had broadcasted the thought.

My siblings aren't ready for patrol. Father is about to flip out at them. He thought back to her.

"I see. In that case, I'll let you go. Oh, but you might want to remind everyone about meeting at the top of Wayne Tower."

Ok. By the way, does your suit have the ability to modulate your voice? If not, Grayson might recognize you. It didn't surprise Robin that he didn't want her identity revealed, but the concern that laced the thought did.

"Don't worry, the magic will keep my identity a secret from those who don't know who I am." Damian nodded though he knew she couldn't see, and cut the connection. He then put on his usual scowl and stepped out into the Cave.

"Father, may I have my patrol assignment before you scold these morons? I would like to be on time for the meet up at Wayne Tower."

Everyone's eyes snapped to him. "How long have you been standing there?" Red Robin asked. "Also, what's up with this rendezvous at Wayne Tower? Why can't we just talk here?"

"I've been here since before Father came in. You'll see what the rendezvous is about when you get there. So, Father, where am I to be patrolling tonight?"

Bruce stared at him for a moment before snapping out of it. "Patrol your usual area with Nightwing."

Robin nodded and turned to Nightwing. "I'm going to go ahead and start the route. Catch up with me when B gets done." With those words, Robin hopped on his motorcycle and drove off into the dark streets of Gotham.