Part 10

It was easy for Damian to imagine the scenes that Marinette was describing. At the end of the story, he well knew why Adrien and Chloe had been plotting Lair-la's demise. He'd known that the girl had ruined Marinette's life, but it turned out that there was a lot that his soulmate hadn't told him.

Why did you keep the extent of the situation from me? He asked her through their bond.

"Crepes! I was hoping you weren't paying close attention. I didn't want you to worry about me. I'm fine," she replied. "I didn't-and don't-want to be a burden."

"So, Hayden, that's our life story, what's yours?" Chloe asked. Damian thought about the question for a moment before deciding to answer truthfully. It would be interesting to see their reactions.

He cleared his throat. "I was raised by assassins until I was ten. At that age, Mother brought me to Father and I have lived here ever since. At my last job, I was in a leadership position and though I don't consider any of them my friends, the team I was working with is made up of some of my closest acquaintances."

Chloe scoffed. "If you didn't want to tell us, you should have just said so. You didn't have to come up with such an outlandish story." Adrien nodded in agreement with his girlfriend and Damian struggled not to grin.

Marinette must have sensed his mirth because she quickly reconnected their minds. "It's true, isn't it? That's the only reason you would find their reactions humorous."

It is true. Oh, do you have any sunglasses? I need some to help disguise myself. It will lead to an even better reveal. Also, though the paparazzi has yet to get a good picture of me, I'm still extremely recognizable.

"Yeah. The elusive Wayne. I have a pair of guy's sunglasses, but I'm not giving them to you until we reach the Gardens."

When Marinette spoke again, it was out loud. "It does sound a bit fictional," she said, obviously referring to his life story.

Damian rolled his eyes. "Believe what you want. We're almost to the Gardens, so I need to go talk to Tyson, the other tour guide. I might be back. Maybe."

Marinette laughed as he walked towards where Grayson was sitting. "Original, I forgot to tell you that you need to tell the class that you often get confused with Richard Grayson. Bourgeois and Agreste have already recognized you."

"So you want me to tell them I'm my doppelganger? That makes sense. What are you going to do about the paparazzi that follows the 'Ice Prince of Gotham' around?"

"Sunglasses, messy hair, and sleeves rolled up for a casual look," Marinette told him through their soulmate bond. Damian repeated it aloud and Grayson nodded.

"That's a good idea. I don't think even I've seen you with imperfect hair. You need to get started on that. We're about two minutes away and we need to introduce ourselves as soon as we arrive."