Part 13

Marinette was running as quickly as she could towards where she had heard the scream come from. It was one of her classmates, of that she was sure, and though she didn't care if any of them got injured, there were likely innocent civilians in the Gardens.

The bluenette slowed as she reached the place where the flowered bushes seemed to end. She crouched behind the one closest to the action as she took in the scene. Lila had somehow managed to make the typically serene Poison Ivy enraged.

The former villain in question had Liar-la hanging upside-down by her ankle. Ten feet in the air. Mari glanced at her soulmate. "Where's your brother? Shouldn't he be handling this?" she asked, and Damian scanned the watching crowd.

He pointed to a man who was standing off to the side, obviously trying not to laugh at Lila's misfortune. "He's not going to attempt to diffuse the situation. He must have been able to hear whatever outlandish thing Liar said to make Pamela angry and thinks that your classmate deserves it."

Marinette studied what appeared to be happening. "I'll go talk to her. I don't care about that lying brat, but it would be a shame for Miss. Isely to get arrested because Liar-la felt the need to say something stupid."

Damian sighed. "Okay, but be careful, Angel. Pamela's dangerous when she's angry."

"I promise not to do anything stupid." She slipped away before the young man could reply and headed in the direction of the angry Gotham Siren.

"Harley is not crazy! Joker had her high on drugs the whole time she was working with him! It wasn't even her idea to work with him!" Pamela yelled at the upside-down liar.

Lila, instead of conceding Poison Ivy's point, scoffed. "As if. You're just protecting her because you're just as bad, and if she was crazy, that means you're crazy. Am I right, or am I right?"

Pamela looked as though she was ready to kill the irritating gnat of a student. That was when Marinette tapped her on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, Miss. Isley, but do you happen to have any Japanese Magnolias around here? I was designing a dress I'm thinking about making that's based on them, but I want to make sure that the colors are right."

Ivy smiled. "Yes, we actually have some nearby." She lowered Lila slightly before letting her fall the rest of the way to the ground. She then focused her attention on Marinette. "They're right this way. Follow me."

The Siren led Marinette back into the main part of the Gardens. They walked for about five minutes before reaching the grove of trees. It was there that they came upon a very unexpected sight.