Part 15

Marinette was still grinning as they boarded the bus to go get lunch. Finding Adrien and Chloe kissing in a tree had been absolutely hilarious.

Something seemed to be bothering Damian, though. Her smile fell as she thought about it. He had obviously found it funny when they had teased Adrien and Chloe, so what was wrong?

The more the bluenette thought about it, the more confused she got. So, she decided just to ask him instead of confusing herself more. Hey, Demon, what're you so worried about?

Her question visibly startled her soulmate as he flinched, his eyes snapping to her. "What do you mean? Everything is fine. I'm not worried about anything."

Mari barely restrained herself from rolling her eyes at him. Has anyone ever told you that you're a terrible liar?

A scoff came through their bond. "No, actually, and I'm not a terrible liar. You're just absurdly good at reading me."

Whatever. So, what's bothering you?

His eyes met hers. "Ivy said that the plants sense a malicious presence. Powerful too. She said that something bad is going to happen soon."

Marinette's thoughts raced as she took in the news. She pulled out her phone and checked what the news was saying about the situation in Paris. There hadn't been an akuma or sentimonster since the class had left, and their main suspect as Hawkmoth was here in Gotham.

She glanced into her purse for confirmation from Tikki and nearly groaned as her Kwami nodded. As one of Tikki's most powerful wielders and a side effect of Mari being Guardian, they were able to communicate telepathically, except it was one sided, where Tikki could hear Mari's thoughts, but Mari couldn't hear hers.

Demon, what do you know of the Paris situation? Meaning our heroes as well as Hawkmoth and Mayura. She asked the question hesitantly, as if afraid of receiving the answer.

"Not much," the young man replied. "Only what you, Adrien, and Chloe have told me. There's little to nothing about it online. Why?"

Marinette was trying to figure out the best way to explain things to him when the bus screeched to a halt outside of the restaurant. I'll tell you when we're inside and seated.

As soon as the whole class was seated, Damian's voice re-entered Marinette's head. "Well? What's up?"

Her eyes met his across the table. Have the whole Batfam meet on top of Wayne Tower tonight at midnight. My team and I will be there to fill you all in on what's happening.

Damian nodded before asking another question. "Why do all of us need to meet you there?"

Marinette's eyes hardened. Because Hawkmoth is here in Gotham, and it's time we brought him down.

(***)

Hey, everyone, sorry it took so long for me to update! I've been really busy lately, and haven't had much time to write. I hope that I can update again soon, but if I can't, please bear with me and be patient. I promise to update as soon as possible.