Chapter 8

Darkness surrounded you.
Nothing could be seen besides darkness.
You breathed out softly, looking down at your faintly seen hands.

You didn't know what to do. You felt cold, lost, and alone.
Nothing could be heard... only your soft breathing.
You wrapped your arms around yourself, feeling how cold your hands were. You frowned, shaking a bit as your eyes adjusted to the darkness.

You looked around, seeing nothing.
You felt something though...

You looked down at you hands, seeing a small red string wrapped around your pinky/pinkie finger.

You stared down at it, seeing the red string lead out into the darkness.
You continued to stay quiet, wondering where the string led to and how far out does it go.

You carefully took a step forward, feeling the cold surface of the floor against your feet.
You slowly started walking into the darkness as you made sure to be careful with each step, following where the red string led you to.

"H-...Hello?" You said softly, hearing your voice echoing out into the darkness.
Everything continued to stay quiet, having no answer.

As you continued to follow the string, the faint sound of a violin could be heard.

You stopped in your tracks, hearing a beautiful melody of a violin. It sounded soft and calming, but seemed to be coming from afar.

You soon continued walking. Each step of following the string, the music would get a bit louder

The music soon stopped, as the loud noise of sirens went off-

You slowly woke up to the sound of your alarm clock going off as you groaned to yourself softly. "Damnit..."

You said to yourself, getting out of bed.
You knew the drill-
Getting ready, getting your stuff, and leaving.

Ah yes,

A ugly fucking day it was.

Heavy rain poured down on you as you took your time to walk over to the morning bus. You really didn't mind the rain, and could handle it.
At least the bus wasn't too far away.

You soon got on, walking towards the back as all the seats in the front were already taken.
Once you sat down, you looked around-

Not seeing Pico anywhere.

You thought to yourself, thinking of different situations that could be the cause of him not being on the bus.
But, you really didn't know. Anything could've happened.

You soon turned towards the window, looking out as it continued to rain heavily. The windows were fogged up and the floor of the bus was wet as hell due to you and the other kids walking all over it with wet shoes.

You sat down by yourself quietly, waiting for the bus to arrive at the school.

The bus soon pulled up at the school as you began to get off along with the other kids.
You walked into the building, before a familiar girl walked up to you.