Chapter 9

Cassandra pulled you closer to her, looking into your eyes.
"Cassandra- w-wha-"

You stared back at her, not taking your eyes off of the red goth girl.
Your bodies were almost glued onto each other as she didn't let you go.
You cupped her cheek, feeling how hot her face was.
"You promise you're coming to the dance tomorrow..." you said softly, looking at Cassandra.

"I-... fuck it... I'll go-... but only for you." Her eyes glimmered for a second. The golden sparkle in her eyes gave a feeling that hit your soul hard.

Why was she starting to fall for you... why were you both falling for each other so fast.
It was a hard feeling to explain, but-...
It was a good feeling.
A feeling of how all of this is true and real.
It all felt too good to be true... but it was happening.

You held on tighter to Cassandra, giving her a loving smile.
"See you tomorrow..." you say, breathing softly as a feeling of sadness hit you.
You didn't want to leave her yet.. but you knew you had to. It was getting late and the rain was beginning to pour down again, yet a bit harder.

Rain poured down on you both as your clothes began to soak.
"Y-... you should get going. You're getting wet as hell.." Cassandra said, seeing water pour down your face.

"Yeah... but what about you? You could get a cold."
Cassandra shook her head, keeping on a serious face. "Forget about me... I'll be fine."

You nodded, slowly backing away from her before waving bye.
You turned around, walking away.
Thunder soon roared in the sky as you began to run home, scared that the rain would get harder.

Cassandra stood in place, her hair and clothing soaked. She didn't care about the rain at the moment.. instead, she was thinking to herself.
She looked up at the sky, seeing the drops of water falling from the sky.
Some lightning could be seen, lighting up the dark cloud-covered sky.

She sighed, getting her stuff as she walked off.

You soon made it home, your parents greeting you.
You had to immediately change your clothes since they were all soaking wet.
"What took you so long, (Y/N)? You didn't tell us that you'll be going somewhere or anything like that." Your mother said, on the other side of your bedroom door as you were changing.

"Oh uhm- I just had to return something to a 'friend'." You said, putting on warm and comfortable clothing.

"A 'friend', huh?" Your mom said.

You opened the door, looking at your mom. "Yeah... a friend.." you said, avoiding eye contact.

Your mom gave you a smug look, smiling. She walked downstairs, calling to you. "Dinners ready, come eat."

You nodded, going downstairs to the dinner table.

You laid down, looking up at the ceiling. You could hear the rain outside, calming you down.

You breathed out softly, closing your eyes as you let your body rest.

~

   You opened your eyes...

At least you thought you did.

It was completely pitch black... almost like your last dream.

The soft violin music soon came back
as the red string on your pinky/pinkie finger could be seen again.