Epoch 🎐35

The silence from the other end of the call was evident to the entire world as Eganius Cline waited to witness the grand farce that Titania was about to play out.

It's not that he did not understand her mindset when it was concerning him; it's just that, he felt that this was the way they usually got along. As long as she did not avoid him, it did not matter to him even if she sprouted out a thousand lies with that sweet mouth of hers. He felt it was his sole duty and purpose to watch her act up in her own play, like he usually does. Egan felt that this kind of exchange was a kind of solace and amorous trade between the two of them. It was unique to them and it also had him entertained a lot.

However, the serious Titania was not at all aware of the twisted frame of mind of her said lover. She was still very much engrossed into her role as a star-crossed lover as she cooed into the communication key.

"Egan~ I know you have been looking for me these past few days. Did you think that I had abandoned you and ran away? Hmm?"

Eganius Cline, "...."

Listening to the pin-drop silence from the other side, she thought he was really holding her responsible for her sudden disappearance after that fateful day. And she suddenly felt like a scumbag cheating on an innocent naïve flowery youth.

No no! What was she thinking!? How could she be like a scumbag cheating on her naïve lover? Wasn't he the one who scared the daylights out of her and made her want to break up with him? Yeah! It was totally his fault. So, she must keep up the play and escape from this place as soon as possible.

"Egan~~~ don't be angry. You know I would never leave you right? I love you~"

There was a moment of silence from the other side, then in a cold tone Eganius Cline spoke out his grievances, "....Why did you not come to our appointment that day?"

'Oh no! It seems this guy was starting to turn over the old accounts right now.' Titania paled. Since she had decided to play the role of a scumbag, she felt she had to play it to the very end. And so, her mind quickly started to fabricate lies upon lies to explain herself to her dangerous lover.

"Y-You see.... I am a little witch from an anonymous little wizard tower, so when war suddenly broke out in Velrone, I had to fight alongside my fellow wizards to defend our honor. And during the fight, I accidentally lost the communication key. So, I had to wait till the tight curfew in Velrone was finally loosened a bit and search up and down the entire city to find my communication key. Thankfully I was lucky enough to be able to find it as I had casted a tracking spell over the key."

Titania sang and narrated long phrases and prose to show off the importance of the communication key to her and how hard it was for her to survive and look for the only link to her lover, but till the very end she had refused to give up on him or the communication key that linked the both of them together.

On the other hand, Egan lazily dipped himself in the medicinal spring and listened to Titania's made up tale in relish.

And when Tania was finally out of breath and slightly panting at the end of her long fake story, the beautiful pale man slowly rose from his bath and sat lazily onto the couch, and spoke in a perfunctory tone, "Oh? Really?"

Egan raised his beautiful eye lashes slightly, and if one were to look into his deep black eyes, a mild trace of ridicule would be flashing in them, but his tone of voice did not reveal any of the ups and downs in his heart.

In fact, Eganius Cline knew that Titania was a little mage of the magic realm a long time ago. After all, he had never heard of such a lazy, innocent, talentless wizard who was hesitant to even kill a chicken. If there was such a wizard in the wizarding realm, she would've died a long time ago in her infancy or would've been killed by her own parents for being so utterly useless. Eganius Cline could bet even his throne to prove that he was certain of her identity as a weak ass mage from some pathetic mage tower.

He just did not expose any of her lies because it was entertaining to see her dance around on egg-shells to lie her way out and he liked to see what kind of incredible stories she could make up to cover up her previous lies.

Titania heard his blameless rhetorical question and suddenly felt overwhelmed with guilt. In fact, when she saw that Eganius Cline was imprisoning mostly all female mages instead of witches, she felt that he had already uncovered all her lies, but if she were to admit that she really was a mage now, it was tantamount to admitting that she had lied to him from the very beginning and that the starting of their relationship was built up on a pile of unstable lies. She was in need of his help and she could not possibly constrain anymore of this already wobbly relationship of theirs. So, the show must go on.

Hence, with a slight clearing of her throat, Titania selectively ignored the logical loopholes in her story and decided to move on to the next act, "Yes, of course."

Egan, "....."

"Actually, when I found out that my Egan is the famous Eganius Cline, even though I missed you sooo much, I still hesitated a lot before contacting you."

As such, these words unconsciously elicited a frown from Eganius Cline, "...Why?" He couldn't help but ask.

"My lord! It urgent! May I ask for an audience with you please?" Before Titania could continue, she heard commander Weldron's voice from the other end and Egan's heavy accent of annoyance as he sullenly ordered, "Denied!"

And spoke back to Titania, "You, continue."

Titania, "......"

~ ••• ~

AUTHOR'S NOTE_

Hello dear readers, Victoric here!

Vote-Comment-Review-Share if you loved this story and want more regular updates.

Victoric, Over and Out!