Epoch 🎐 28

When Tania was still infatuated with Eganius Cline, she had made these blood red healing pills for him by concocting her own blood into elixirs. Generally, if these red healing pills were taken by a normal human, they would be healed of the worst ailments they ever suffered from. But it becomes a simple pain numbing elixir when a mage or a wizard or anyone whose lifespan exceeds that of a hundred years takes this pill. Only blood pills concocted by those alchemists of a tier above the fifth level can be a more effective elixir to those of a lifespan of more than a hundred years. Yet, these healing blood pills were in high demand in the market as alchemists were generally reluctant to make pills out of their own life blood, and healing blood pills did not have any side-effects like other strong elixirs. So it was much desired by those ailing with illnesses, even if it was a first or second tier elixir. 

When Tania was still in regular touch with Eganius Cline, she used to talk to him sometimes from dusk till dawn, and when he was in constant contact with Tania, she found out that on some days, Eganius Cline would seem very uncomfortable as if he were in much pain, and would often try to suppress his oncoming cough. He would toss and turn from one side to the other as his breathing would get chaotic. That was when she realized that her little lover was not in good health.      

She’d asked once if he was feeling alright, and his answer was, “...... Not very comfortable.”

“AH!? Why are you uncomfortable all of a sudden? If there is a problem with your body, you need to immediately treat it on time. You can’t just bear it silently.” Nagged Tania in a worried tone.

And then the party over the other side of the communication key would abruptly go silent and say, “I am used to it.”

‘Got used to it!!? How could such a thing work!?’ Tania was stunned for a moment.     

That was when she got serious and began to actively worry and question Egan about his illness. And she soon learned that Egan often was in immense pain all over his body, and had headaches all the time. Even the bones of his body would ache with unbearable pain from time to time. And he did not like to exercise, and often would lie down for several days and nights in a row without any food or elixirs.

Tania was stunned speechless once more when she learned of his daily habits. He also said that his symptoms had persisted for many years. 

Not exercising could easily lead to various complications. Bone aches can occur due to long-term sleeping or wrong sitting postures. While headaches… there may be many reasons such as high blood pressure or something else.

Although she was not sure why someone as young as Egan was affiliated with many ailments, but that was when Tania decided to urge him to see a doctor or a healer and decided to concoct the healing red pills with her blood for him very seriously. She knew she could not do much for him, but even if she was able to relieve his aching pain for a moment, she felt her blood was a worthwhile sacrifice. 

And as such, in response to the goal of healing Egan’s various illnesses, Tania eventually turned herself into a large walking pharmacy. While excitedly preparing to finally meet him and try to relieve his pain even if a little, she had such innocent and caring thoughts for him. However, as a result, she later found out that her little lover was the devil incarnate himself who blatantly tried to choke her to death.     

Tania did not know whether Eganius Cline was now healed of his ailments or not, but she for sure knew that a bigwig wizard like Eganius Cline would definitely not need her little spicy chicken measly elixirs to heal himself. She could not help feeling her life was such a joke when she looked back into the past and was reminded of her actions towards Eganius Cline. 

Looking at the blood red healing pills in her hands, all of a sudden, Tania could not help feeling very depressed. 

And in depression, she started to babble her heart’s innermost thoughts in front of the obsidian dragon. 

“Great Mr. Dragon, do you know that these are the precious elixirs that I had concocted for my lover with my own flesh and blood? He had a lot of illnesses ravaging his body and had a hard time ever so often. So I, the soft-hearted girlfriend, wanted to at least relieve him of some of his pain. Even though my blood pills could not heal his illness, I thought that at least they could relieve him from some of his ailments. But(Sniff!)... I soon found out that I was just a little nobody in front of a big guy like him. He would not need my treatment and these medicines would definitely be of no use to him(Sniff!). So, now I want to let you have some of my own concocted pills. Even though they would be of little use to you, but please do eat them as snacks for your meal. Even though I am just a low level nobody, I will try my best to concoct a pill that might be of some use to you(Sniff~).”

Titania babbled as she offered the blood red healing pills to the dragon who now laid calmly in front of her, staring back at her with a weird deep-seated look in its eyes. 

When Titania brought the blood pills near his mouth, the dragon slowly but obediently opened his mouth to swallow her little pills, its eyes still ogling at her with a fiery gaze. But Tania did not take the black dragon’s intense gaze into serious account and sat by the spring while she took out her alchemy tools like her little cauldron and many herbs out to perform the alchemy of her life.

She was still as chatty as ever as she rudely pulled out the Golden krypton ivy vines by the spring and slashed it into little bits and pieces to make it the ultimate core material for her new pills that would at least help the dragon heal a little bit.

“Hahaha…. Great Mr. Dragon, please don’t mind my rudeness. I desperately need this ivy vine as a core herb to make the ultimate raring gold pills that could actually help a bit in your healing process. So, I hope you will excuse my boldness and let me use some of the herbs in your field, Hahaha…Haha… Ha!(Gulp!)”

The obsidian dragon just looked at her as if looking at a fool, but a cute fool, and silently snorted in reply, as in, ‘Do whatever you see fit. I don’t care as long as you don’t disturb me’.

Tania sweated quite a bit as she timidly sat by the spring and started to seriously concoct her special golden pills.

Damn! Why is the pressure so high all of a sudden!(Sniff~)

~ ••• ~