Epoch 🎐 6

In the early morning of the second day, Tania got up early and walked to her morning classes with all the other disciples. She found that there were fewer disciples in the morning class today. But she didn’t take it to heed.

At noon, Tania, who was hungry, thought about meeting her little boyfriend, so excitedly hurried to her lunch.

 Unexpectedly, there were not many people in the busy and congested dining hall today, but the few seniors who deliberately made things difficult for her yesterday were unfortunately there.

Tania turned on her heels and quickly walked around and hid behind a pillar to prevent them from discovering her.

She heard them talking--

"A few days ago, the dark wizards invaded and occupied the entire city of Velrone. Our Draíocht tower is near Velrone, so, I heard the head mage of our magic Tower has sent many of the seniors down the mountain to fight against the dark wizards."

Tania had also heard about it, but at first it was just a few wizards spreading a bit of chaos in the slums of Velrone, and maybe there was a bit of slaughtering around, but it was all a deliberate provoking scheme to attract the attention of the magic towers nearby.

At first, a few of the powerful mage towers found them annoying and so they sent in some of their mages, but afterwards, more and more mages started appearing in Velrone, and then, summoned monsters started rushing into the city like gushing water out of a broken bank, and then dark witches and wizards started appearing one after the other in the city centre. The handful of mages who had initially come to quell the situation in Velrone had come to realize that this was not so simple.

And so, the head of the Draíocht tower along with a few others, sent in people to remedy the situation.

"Our Draíocht tower is also considered one of the most powerful magic towers. But if even the head elder is so worried, then the situation must be dire?" One of the seniors commented.

"Then you still don't know enough, I heard that this time, Elios and Helter magic towers have dispatched even more powerful people than that of our Draíocht tower. Not to mention that they are double in number considering the fifty mages that we had sent out. Even some secret superpowers have joined in the fight.”

“What! But wouldn’t that be an overkill? Why send out so many powerful people to just suppress a measly number of troublemaking wizards?”

“Whoa! Have you been living under a rock? How do you not know that the wizard king, Eganius Cline is coming down to the battlefield himself!”

“What!!! Seriously?”

“Of course. It’s exclusive news. I heard it from the elders myself.”

“My God! What is going to happen now?”

“I don’t know. Maybe....”

Tania was not listening after that. Eganius Cline, even she had heard of him.

It was said that he was a catastrophe of Nature thousands of years ago. About one thousand years ago, there was a civil war between the two mightiest forces of nature. The mages were led by an Arch-mage whose name no one knew to this day and the wizards were led by Eganius Cline.

Rumor has it that Eganius Cline was originally a light spirit blessed by the heavens above. Was even said to be the lost child of a steed of some powerful immortal. So, the guy grew up as a magical beast of light. He was almost at the peak of his ascension when something went very wrong and no one knew why he turned to the dark powers and ultimately became what he was today. Moody, cruel, bloodthirsty, and terrifying.

The war lasted for two hundred years and in the short period of two hundred years, more than two-third of the mages were wiped out. And half of the entire population in the magic realm was obliterated.

The magic realm experienced the kind of disaster never seen before. There were even books written on Eganius Cline, saying that he can instantly turn a thousand fifth tier mages into ashes with a swing of his finger.

However, even if he had won the great war, there were still rumours that he had been seriously injured since then and had been recuperating for these past thousand years. Though many had stopped believing that Eganius Cline was real, but the cruel history of the wipe out of half the magic realm was a true event.

Hence, if they were saying that this scary fiend of nature was a very real being and he had finally woken up from his hibernation and came to the city-turned battlefield of Velrone, then Tania could only burn incense in her heart to offer her sincere condolences to the seniors who had gone off to confront such a monster.

Since the great War, the magic world had been slowly recovering its vitality. Even if it had recovered significantly, the magic realm was still not ready for the return of Eganius Cline.

But now that people have heard of his return, all of the magic realm was like ants in a hot pan, and Tania could probably guess why.

TO BE CONTINUED...........