The flu

Bucky Barnes ❄️

Grabbing a freezing water from the fridge you took out your AirPods tossing them on the counter. It was now 9:30am and you'd been on a run for the last 3 hours leaving Bucky asleep.

It wasn't like him to sleep in so you thought you should leave him to get some extra rest.

Grabbing some strawberries out the fridge you sank down on the couch putting on the latest episode of Greys Anatomy, the rain gently tapping on the window.

Meanwhile Bucky had woken up feeling like death. He quickly scrabbled out of bed into the bathroom and proceeded to empty his stomach. Sniffling weakly over the toilet he said "Jarvis where is y/n?" "It appears she is watching tv in the living room, would you like me to tell her you are requesting her assistance?" The A.I replied.

"Tell her I'm d-dying" Bucky said as tears filled his eyes.

"But mr Barnes you are not dying, you seem to have the flu"
"Jarvis just tell her"
"as you wish sir"

Getting very invested in the tv you jumped at the sound of Jarvis.

"Miss y/l/n Mr Barnes asked me to tell you he is dying."

"What's really wrong with him Jarvis?" You asked standing up to go find your drama queen of a boyfriend.

"He has the flu"

"Thanks" you mumbled padding down the hall.

"Bucky" you said while softly knocking on the bathroom door. You got the sound of him heaving as a reply. Opening the door you saw your poor boy sitting all pale and sweaty with his head on toilet.

"Aww sweetheart, are you okay?" Going over and stroking his hair.

"Y-y/n I think I'm d-dying"

"No baby your just sick Jarvis said you have the flu, come on let's get you back to bed I'll take care of you." You smiled gently pulling him of the floor, he leaned his head on your shoulder with his hands round your waist.

"I don't get sick" he mumbled into your ear.

"No of course not sweetheart"

"I don't" he argued. All you could do is laugh as he fell face first onto the bed.

You tucked him up under the covers and kissed him the forehead. "Geez Buck your hot" "thanks doll but I'm not really in the mood right now" he said sweetly with his eyes closed. "No dummy I mean your burning up I'll go get you some medicine"

"No stay" he whimpered when he felt you stand making grabby motions with his hands.

"Buck I'm coming back I just gotta get you some medicine ok?" "Fine" he huffed.

15 minutes later

You walked back into the room with a small tray on the tray was 2 pieces of toast, a bottle of water, a cup of coffee, a box of tissues and some paracetamol. "Here try eat as much as you can" you said while placing the tray on his lap.

"Thank you doll I love you" he said while sniffling.

"I love you too honey" you sat at the bottom of the bed and brought out your phone. You had 2 missed calls from Tony and a message,

Tony-
Why did Jarvis tell me that your boyfriend was dying?
You laughed reading it then replied,
You-
He's got the flu for the first time in 80 years
Tony-
I swear if he gets me sick I'll kill him
You just laughed again turning you phone off to look at Bucky sniffling sadly while nibbling his toast.

"Aww baby's don't look so sad" you crawled up and brought his head to your chest wrapping an arm around his shoulder. He put the tray on the bedside table and snuggled into your chest.

"I don't feel good"
" I know I know I'm sorry" you said genuinely feeling bad for him.

After about 20 minutes you felt his breathing slow down indicating he was now asleep. Relieved you started to relax.
——————————————
You must have taken a nap as well because you woke up and saw Bucky wasn't next to you anymore. Checking the time you saw it was not 6:07pm. Quickly you jumped out of bed and ran to the living room where Bucky was sitting watching tv happily.

"Hey doll, I feel great your toast and tablets really helped" he smiled warmly.

"Yeh no problem" you said in a scratchy voice causing you to go into a coughing fit.

"Oh no I'm so sorry did I get you sick? Ugh I shouldn't have been so needy" recovering you quickly reassured him it was ok "no buck I'm fine i just choked a little that's all" you smiled going round and sitting on his knee.

He wrapped his arms tightly around you while you put your head in the crock of his neck and he kissed the top of your head whispering "you really are the best girlfriend I love you"

"I love y-" you started but quickly stood up and ran to the toilet. Flopping over you threw up everything you had which wasn't a lot. Bucky came in and held your hair back his stroking your back.

"I'm sorry for getting you sick sweetheart but I can take care of you just like you took care of me"

" now I know why you thought you were dying" you whispered throwing up again.