Back

I grabbed my bags from the luggage claim and made my way towards the exit, looking around with eyes old beyond their years.

I remember when I was last here, leaving the hellhole that I grew up in.

A one way ticket. All the way to the other side of the country.

I needed out. Out of supernatural. All the crap that came with being a part of the pack.

They always seemed to forget that I was human. Just human. Only, right up until the fighting would start. Then it would be, 'No Stiles. You can't fight. You're not like the rest of us'.

He hadn't gone by that name in so long. The last person who he'd told his original name to had died. Katrina. His beautiful Katrina.

Irene Kennedy and Stan Hurley. The two names of the only two people that now knew his real name and past. Well, minus the werewolves and such.

He was the government's dark secret, him and Victor.

And hadn't that been a surprise. Finishing the OP, just to find out that Victor had made it through surgery after being revived.

Kennedy had decided that he needed a break. According to her and Hurley, 'it wasn't healthy to have no life beyond to job'.

Hurley hadn't been completely on board but, whatever she'd said to him had swayed the man enough to agree.

But that's just the thing. He did have a life beyond the job.

That revolved around Ava, or Evangeline, and Bruce.

They were twins. His and Katrina's. They had been born just after Katrina was, well, K.O'd.

Katrina was always very insecure about her body, thinking that he'd find someone else. One of the reasons that he made it his mission to tell her every second of the day just how perfect and beautiful she was.

She had been really unsure about how pregnancy would affect her self-image and Mitch had come up with the idea that they have a surrogate to carry the baby.

She hadn't been sure at first, but she'd come around when she met the woman who volunteered to carry their child. Especially when she was reassured that the children would be only ours. She had confessed that she though I meant having a child with someone else.

They had started the process and the woman had been entering the last month, when I decided that I wanted to pop the question.

Our holiday in Ibiza was meant to be like, a pre-honeymoon. Something to relax before the arrival of our child. That we had learned was going to be children, as in plural, just a month prior.

It had been devastating, realising that I was going to have to raise them alone.

I had called the woman and we had arranged for the twins to go to my estranged grandparents- my mum's parents, that my father no longer spoke to.

I had been so caught in getting revenge, but I never allowed myself to forget the reason why I wanted it so badly. My children had to know that the men that took their mother away from us, didn't get away with it. That their mother was avenged.

Hence, what lead to the CIA snatching me.

That was 8 years ago, now.

I visited every few months, checking in on them, making sure that I was untraceable- using hacking tricks that I picked up from Danny back in the day.

Not even Kennedy knew where I went, when I disappeared. She had long since accepted that I wasn't going to tell her and she wouldn't be able to set a tracker on me either.

My kids know what I do, well, the PG version. They know that I'm an assassin. They know that I stop the bad guys and that sometimes I have to do bad things to make sure that innocent people don't get hurt.

That's the great thing about kids though, isn't it. Your kids are the most forgiving, accepting people that you'll ever encounter. They love you, no matter what. In spite of whatever it is that you may do.

I've always loved that about Ava and Brucie. They understand that I do bad things. They are smart beyond their years. But, they don't judge. And they don't talk about it to anyone else. Not even my grandparents, who they live with.

They know that it's a secret and they are extraordinary at keeping it.

I've taught them things that the average parent probably wouldn't want their children to know. Like, how to dismantle a gun- keeping the safety on. How to use a taser and who to call if someone should find them. It's not pleasant, but I'm their father. I have to enable them to protect themselves. Many people want me dead and would stop at nothing to use them against me.

My grandparents understand this much, despite what I refuse to tell them. And they help. They let me raise my children how I intend, and they teach them other things when I'm not there. Little life hacks that will help them in the future.

My grandparents have been a godsend in all this.

(Please comment and check out my other stories!!!)