Home

I drove towards my home with a growing smile on my face.

To get there, you had to turn off the main road that lead into the town right before you hit the 'Wecome to Beacon Hills' sign.

The turning point was mostly hidden and usually went unnoticed unless you were specifically looking for it.

After the turn-in, you had to follow the small, dirt road for about 5 minutes until you reached an area where the road split. One lead up the hill, with a strong metal gate that blocked it from access and the other continued straight- which would lead you off in a random direction through the woods, ending on the other side of the preserve.

I climbed out to open the gate using my key, drove through, and closed it again behind me.

Don't want anyone wandering onto my property, that isn't supposed to be there.

I followed the path up the hill, watching as it transitioned into a proper road again.

The tarmac road lead to the front courtyard of the house, which was illuminated by a warm glow. The light casting wonderful shadows across darkened wood of the chalet style cabin house.

I had bought it because it was extremely private and came with the bonus of a lot of land, so I could teach my kids about guns and tracking and such without crossing anyone else.

The entrance had a large entryway with a pushed out front porch that held strong wooden support beams on traditionally laid stone steps. It was like a breath of fresh air after being holed up in modern buildings, large cities and skyscrapers for the past few months.

I used my key to open the front door and carried all of my stuff inside, bringing it over to the stairs that lead up to my office area and the weapons storage room. There was another staircase, in the main living area, that spiralled up to the second floor balcony area. That was the one that lead to Ava, Bruce and I's rooms. My grandparents stayed in the adjoined guest house.

I kept my brown duffel in hand and moved through the hallway, towards the brightly lit living area.

I could hear whispers and what sounded like a shooting game. Oh, the irony.

I placed the bag on a small table by the doorway and rounded the corner beside the kitchen, stopping and smiling at what I saw.

Ava and Bruce were playing against each other on their computers, it looked like an RPG shoot-out game and sounded as though Bruce was losing.

I looked past them and saw my grandparents out by the fire pit, they were each holding warm drinks and sitting together under a blanket- facing out towards the open grass meadow area behind the house.

I could just see the beginnings of the targets used for firing practise, that lead out into the woods on the opposing tree line. Better to be safe than sorry, after all. I and my grandparents, (mostly my grandfather as my grandmother hated them), had made the decision that Ava and Bruce should know how to handle guns. Which meant they should also know how to shoot them. And when not to shoot. My grandfather took them out for practise ,when I wasn't here. And my grandmother spoke to them about when they would be allowed to use them, for example self-defence.

Seriously, Ava was lethal. Second only in marksmanship to myself. And Bruce had a keen eye, falling only fractions behind Ava in marksmanship. The different between them and I being, they have hearts of gold. They were always taught that, unless they or a member of their family was threatened, they should never point a gun at another human. They stuck to that rule like it was god's word, however they also took cues from myself.

6 months ago now, during my last visit to them, while they were still staying in my grandparents home, a contract-killer had shown up. He had snuck into the house next door, not knowing that it was the wrong address and had attacked the family there.

The youngest child had snuck out while the man was distracted and had run over to us, crying about the bad guy that hurt his older siblings and parents.

I had gone over to investigate and had recognised him from the CIA's most wanted list. Eren Brent, number 4 contract killer in CIA database, holding an innocent family at gunpoint.

I could see that the husband had been shot in the leg and his wife had a bleeding shoulder where she was covering her oldest two children from the line of the gun.

Brent had left the room and I had tapped the doorframe gently, getting the parents' attention.

They had been scared and I'd tried to reassure them, as I moved over to crouch in front of them, aware of the danger in the current situation.

The father was losing a lot of blood, so I told the woman to put pressure on it and took the kids out the back door, sending them up to my grandparents house, where they could wait with their little brother.

I had fought Brent while the woman tried to pull her husband away, but Brent had been tough and had tried to shoot at both myself and the couple multiple times.

I had got him down, with a 2 bullets in his chest, before I helped the lady to carry her husband out of the house, taking him towards my grandparents where they could give him first aid until an ambulance arrived.

We had nearly been home safe, when I heard Ava scream for me to look out as she pulled her training gun out and shot behind me, her brother doing the same.

They had saved me from a bullet to the back. Brent had pulled himself to the rear entrance and had lifted his gun towards the three of us as we moved slowly away from the building.

Ava had hit him in the shoulder that held his gun arm. While Bruce hit his chest again, right above his heart.

I had been so proud of them for that. Albeit, I had to punish them for acting so recklessly, but I was so so proud. Especially that neither of them went for a head shot.

Brent was still alive, however barely that was, when I went back and I had just enough time to get the name of his client before he was gone. That had been an entire mission of itself, myself and Victor tracking down the men that had the names of all of the CIA's most secret operatives.

I snapped back to the present, when I saw my grandmother smiling at me from outside and waving happily. Causing my grandfather to look over as well.

(Please comment!!!!! No one's said anything so far, so I have no idea if you even like the story or not. Is it even worth continuing?)