Reunion

I crept up behind them and peered at the screens seeing where they were both at in the game.

They'd be upset if they lost their progress.

I reached over them and hit the save button on both screens, causing them both to start protesting.

That lasted for all of 3 seconds, before they saw who it was and threw their computers to the side(on the chair), and jumped over the back of the sofa into my arms.

"Daddy!"
"You're back!"

They both shouted happily as they hugged me tightly.

I smiled and laughed as I bodily lifted them both into my arms, swinging them around lightly in a circle, making them laugh happily.

"Yeah, I'm back."

I set them each down, after a minute or so, and crouched in front of them both, checking them over.

"How has everything been? Were you good for Nan and Pops?"

"They've been good as gold."

I heard and looked over to the doorway where my grandmother was walking forward, arms open.

I stood and met her half way, hugging her securely.

"That's good to hear. How have you been?"

I pushed her to arms length and watched her as she responded, her easy smile setting me at ease.

"I'm good. There's been no problems since coming here. I've been to my final appointment and now they just want every other monthly checkups, just to stay on the safe side."

I smiled, happy with the news. We'd all had a scare a couple months back, when my grandmother had a seizure. The doctors suspected it was something that she had been exposed to, which caused it. They recommended a change of scenery, which is what lead to them moving into the cabin. The kids were already down here, staying with a live-in sitter, while she recuperates in the hospital. It had been a simple matter really, relocating.

"Oh, she's all better! Has me running around doing chores with her like nothing ever happened."

My grandfather spoke and I smiled as I welcomed his hug, as well.

"What's in here daddy?"

We separated and I looked over at Ava, who was stood curiously by the bag on the table. The one which I'd left in the hallway.

"Where'd you find that?"

I smiled as I walked over, grandparents following.

"It was out there." She pointed at the hallway.

"Mhm." I smiled as I pulled it across the table, towards myself.

"Looking for something?"

She smiled brightly and bounced over, wrapping herself around my arm.

"Presents! You always bring something!"

I smiled at her and told her to sit down beside her brother, who was waiting patiently.

"Well, now that you mention it, I may picked up one or two things while I was away..."

Ava was practically bouncing in her seat.

"Alright, hang on, I'll get to you in a moment."

I opened the bag and pulled out the Belgian chocolate and coffee that my grandparents loved.

"I passed through the area. I thought you might like some."

I handed the coffee to my grandfather and the chocolate to my grandmother.

"Thank you."

She pressed a kiss to my cheek and I nodded in acceptance of the thanks.

"Me next! Me next!"

Ava called with her hand raised and I couldn't help laughing slightly.

"Alright! Alright, calm down."

I sat and pulled out a little paper bag, that held several things, tipping them into my hand, while leaving a few in the packet for after.

"I got you something for your bracelet."

Ava smiled brightly and held out her wrist, so that I could remove the bracelet and show her the new charms.

"Okay, so, this one is a wave and this one's a pineapple and they're for Hawaii. Because I just couldn't choose only one. You can surf giant waves and wear hula outfits eating lots of grilled pineapple there."

Ava smiled brightly and pushed them on the end of her bracelet.

"I also got this." I held out the little pink doll charm.

"Where's it from daddy?"

I smiled as I watched her inspect it, looking at it curiously.

"South Korea."

Ava looked up with interest as she slid it onto her bracelet, that held many other charms which I had brought back from my other times away.

"It's a traditional Korean doll. If you go there, one day, you may see adults that dress like that doll."

"Yeah! I'm going to travel all over when I'm big!"

I smiled indulgently and re-clasped the bracelet around her wrist. I then grabbed the little bag, and held it out to her.

"I also thought that you might want this, though it isn't all new."

Ava turned the bag over on the table and carefully inspected what came out.

There was a single wing with a small gold heart attached to it, a heart divider bead that had two wings, a silver dream catcher and a beautiful silver chain with a small tiger charm already on it.

"Oh, they're so pretty. What's different about them from the others?"

I smiled as she asked me that and placed all of the charms on the chain, attaching it above the other one on her wrist.

"Some of these belonged to your mother."

Ava gasped and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Really? They belonged to Mummy?"

I nodded and took Ava's hand in my own, pointing at the dream catcher.

"I bought her this dream catcher for her own charm bracelet, right after we first met. She sometimes had bad dreams, but she said that after she had this they all went away."

Ava and Bruce nodded, smiling brightly as I told them about their mum.

"The heart shaped wings are also hers. She told me that her mother gave it to her. So, it's a bit of an heirloom by now."

Ava nodded and smiled with happy tears in her eyes, leaning in to hug me tightly around the neck.

"Thank you daddy. I love them."

I nodded and kissed her head, stroking her hair softly.

"Of course baby, I'm happy that you like them."

(Comment. COMMENT. Even just to be like ,'Oh.' Seriously! Please just leave a comment. Oh! And vote!)