Chapter 1

" Hurry up dear! You'll miss the train." A woman passed by a girl who stood still with her trolly.

The girl sighed and looked at the woman who pushed her child hurriedly in. She gathered her stuff and entered that stupid excuse of a train. Passing few compartments , she stopped finally at an empty one.

' Last year of Hogwarts ' She thought to herself as she sat comfortably.

She took her book out eerily and started reading with her legs crossed. Time passed by and the door slid open roughly.

" There you are Eva. We were looking for you." Two fine gentlemen settled in and slid the door close.

" How was your holiday Ev?" A boy called Felix smiled.

Evangeline looked up at him. He had brown hair and a honeydew pair of eyes. He was tall for a guy, in fact he was a school prefect.

" Boring. I dwelled in books just as much as you dwell in liquor." She casted her eyes down to her book.

Felix placed his hand on his heart and said something about his feelings were hurt.

" Then again, I think you were placed in the wrong house." Another boy claimed.

She shut her book close and sent a glare to him. The name of the boy was Daniel, he was a blonde guy. Replica of Ken.

" Really? " She stated.

" Yes. You give off Ravenclaw vibes." He placed a finger under his chin.

" And you give off a big dickhead vibe." She looked out at the window.

" Now that's mean!" He complained and raised his arms crossed behind his head.

———

A sigh escaped her lips. The hall was lively and noisy. Too noisy for her liking. She was seated with her house, Slytherin. Along with Felix and Daniel.

She heard a loud snicker and an annoying laugh coming from the Gryffindor table. It was a 4th year girl, her name was Samantha. She was the seeker of her team. Pretty annoying if you'd ask. Her hand was placed on some boy's shoulder.

" Flattery isn't going to get her anywhere." Felix mumbled.

" I'm starving!!" Daniel heaved dramatically!

The door swung open at once. A tall, black-haired witch in emerald-green robes stood there. The first year students followed her until they stopped at a halt.

Professor McGonagall silently placed a four-legged stool in front of the first years. On top of the stool she put a pointed wizard's hat. This hat was patched and frayed and extremely dirty.

Then the hat twitched. A rip near the brim opened wide like a mouth and the hat began to sing:

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty, But don't judge on what you see, I'll eat myself if you can find A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black, Your top hats sleek and tall, For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head The Sorting Hat can't see, So try me on and I will tell you Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor, Where dwell the brave at heart, Their daring, nerve, and chivalry Set Gryffindors apart; You might belong in Hufflepuff, Where they are just and loyal, Those patient Hufflepuffs are true And unafraid of toil; Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, if you've a ready mind, Where those of wit and learning, Will always find their kind; Or perhaps in Slytherin You'll make your real friends, Those cunning folk use any means To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!

And don't get in a flap!

You're in safe hands (though I have none) For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

The whole hall burst into applause as the hat finished its song. It bowed to each of the four tables and then became quite still again. Professor McGonagall now stepped forward holding a long roll of parchment.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," she said.

" Here we go again." Evangeline heard Daniel complain. Her mind went blank but soon she focused. She heard the hall whisper and laugh as some pointed their fingers on the last student left. He looked nervous.

" Edgar Trancy! " The last thing The boy saw before the hat dropped over his eyes was the hall full of people craning to get a good look at him. Next second he was looking at the black inside of the hat. He waited. A moments pause-

" HUFFLEPUFF!" He took off the hat and walked shakily toward the Hufflepuff table.

Albus Dumbledore had gotten to his feet. He was beaming at the students, his arms opened wide, as if nothing could have pleased him more than to see them all there.

"Welcome," he said. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

"Thank you!"He sat back down. Everybody clapped and cheered. With a flick of his wands. The feast has appeared on the table. Frankly, there was lots of dishes. beef, roast chicken, pork chops and lamb chops, sausages, bacon and steak, boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, fries, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, gravy, ketchup, and, for some strange reason, peppermint humbugs.

Time passed slowly as everyone enjoyed their food. Evangeline set her utensils down neatly. She grabbed her handkerchief and patted her mouth. Once everyone was done, the old man stood up with a glint in his blue eyes.

" Don't forget to be in classes on time. Good luck everyone and now, bedtime. Off you trot!"With that, everyone took off to their dorms. The first years followed the prefects.

Soon, the stars shinned bright in the skies. A yawn escaped her lips as she laid comfortably. She looked outside and slowly drifted to sleep.