Chapter 4

In the far lands, a place in middle east. An island with vast lands, mountains, hills and treasures. There ruled the three races, The Dwarves, The Elves and The Men.

" Mithrandir." A voice called.

" M'Lady." The old man bowed.

The secret council was having a meeting. Lord Elrond was seated with Saruman The White. The Grey Wizard who's name is Gandalf stood with Lady Galadrial.

" Mithrandir, I believe there's something changing within the force." Her eyes settled. She admired the clouds that were white as cotton, the sky was blue as the sea.

" Whatever do you mean my Lady?" His eyes twinkled.

" The Valars..." Her voice drifted.

" I believe we have nothing to fear. The Land is finally at peace." Saruman spoke.

" That is true." Elrond replied. A moment of silence was shared among.

———-

" Where are we?"
"Ah!"
" It's poking me!"
" Mommy!?"

Evangeline opened her eyes only to squint. The harsh sun ray hit her as she sat. She took a deep breath and looked around her surroundings. " Eva? You okay?" Daniel approached her. She nodded and took his hand.

" Is everyone alright?" Her eyes scattered all over them, checking any signs of harm.

" All good except.... we don't know where we truly are." Daniel's voice trailed. He looked behind him to find Felix helping Edgar stand. Not so far away, Samantha was whining.

" Shut up." Felix threatened her. She looked at him for a second and her lips pursed. " This is your fault..!" She started." This is indeed your fault." William pointed his finger at him.

" Helen , be a dear and come with us." Evangeline's voice rang their ears. Helen grabbed Edgar and pulled him along.

" Where are we going?"
"We need shelter."

" Hey! Hey! Don't leave us!" Samantha followed and hugged Eva's arm.

———

Together like a herd, they walked for few hours. Trying to find a place before the sun sets. Along the way, few words have been shared.

" I would appreciate it if you took your hands off of me Samantha." Evangeline mumbled.

" Do you have any idea how dangerous it is out there!"
" Oh yes."

They kept walking until they came across a small hut. There was a cattle around, few ducks and gooses along with chickens. William ran ahead of them and knocked on the gates.

" You dimbo, there's a bell for us to ring!" Daniel smacked the back of his head before pulling the string.

Ring Ring!

A few moments of silence before the door swung open. An old lady appeared dressed in an apron.

" Who's out there?" She yelled approaching closer.

" We are travelers of the south. We wish to rest for the time being before we continue our journey." Evangeline acted quick earning a nudge from Helen. The small gate opened and the Old Lady frowned.

" So young! I don't think you're travelers, where's your horses? Your belongings?" She blabbered. Eva raised an eyebrow.

" We've l-lost it on our w-way. " Edgar stuttered.

" Surely you all didn't run away from home." The old hag nagged.

" Okay, this is pretty annoying. Finish her." Felix grumbled.

" Wait!-" Helen was cut off by William throwing the unforgivable curse. With that, the old lady fell.

" Someone's learning." Evangeline smirked and stepped over the Lady's head. She made her way in as they followed.

" You can't do that Will." Samantha looked at him.

" We need to survive. We're lost and I am stressed. I don't think I would've held myself in if she spoke another word." He complained.

" Enough. We need to make sure no one's in." Felix hissed and kicked the door open with his leg.

" Anyone's home?"

" Hello???"

The sound of the creaky floors can be heard only. The house was quite and small. They all checked the rooms and around.

" Guys! Food is served!" Daniel yelled happily as he eyed the basket of fruit laid upon a wooden table.

Evangeline popped her head out of the frame. " What's with all the ruckus when it's only a fruit." She stole the apple from his hand and took a bite.

" Enough bickering little children." Felix sat on the counter.

" Alright let's get to business." Helen smiled.

" Let's start with what happened before we passed out."

" We were all in the common room cooped up with our little fight. Someone jinxed and the world turned upside down."

" Yeah will. It's not me nor William.  We were tied, remember?" Samantha spoke with a visible frown.

" Right. Helen was standing idle too. But based off my memory, I have not jinxed." Evangeline spoke.

" I only tortured." Samantha's face went grim when Felix spoke.

" I.." Daniel trailed. Everyone looked at him.

" The last spell I've casted was a reverse spell." He nodded.

" Do you remember who it hit?"
" Me!" Edgar bursted.

" He hit the book I carried." He continued.

" What sort of book?"

" The one that was presented on the table." As soon as the words left Edgar's mouth. Helen and Evangeline shared a look.

" Are we possibly in-"

" I think we are...." Evangeline threw her apple at Daniel.

" What was that for?!"