zero.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐙𝐄𝐑𝐎

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐙𝐄𝐑𝐎. | ❛ Prologue. ❜

DOCTORS AND SCIENTISTS HURRIED AROUND THE ROOM, some of them mixing herbs and chemicals into bottles and syringes while others observed the young female who was laying down the cold steel table, her eyes barely open as she watched the scene unfold...

DOCTORS AND SCIENTISTS HURRIED AROUND THE ROOM, some of them mixing herbs and chemicals into bottles and syringes while others observed the young female who was laying down the cold steel table, her eyes barely open as she watched the scene unfold with blurry eyes.

Gathering everyone around the table, the head doctor, Dr. Williams, hovered over her with an affiliative smile, trying to reassure the young woman to keep calm under the procedure. "I see you're awake, Barzinji." Dr. Williams said in a gentle tone, making everyone in the room go into positions.

Jamie's breath hitched, her heart pounding in her chest. She was about to pull her hands up but was stopped by the straps that were holding her down. She took a look at her surroundings before letting her head fall back on the table, exhaling.

Here we go again, she thought.

"Are we ready to start the procedure?" The head scientist asked everyone, walking over to the table with a syringe in her hands. Dr. Williams gave her a nod and lifted Jamie's sleeve, gently stroking her arm before putting the needle into her skin.

She let out a small hiss, clenching her jaw as the needle went deep into her skin making her squirm around the table, which made a few doctors attentive to her actions and stood closer to the table. Dr. Williams put her hand up, signaling the others to stay back.

Jamie breathed in real slow as pain engulfed her body. It took over parts of her brain and then to her whole body making her yell out in pain as they put another needle into her skin, but this time placed it on her neck.

"S-Stop, p-please." she whimpered in pain as black capillaries appeared into her skin.

Dr. Williams gave her a sympathetic smile, grabbing her hand, "It's almost over, sweetie. You won't feel a thing after.'' She tried to comfort the younger woman, but her blood-curdling screams filled in the room, making a few cover their ears.