five.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. | ❛ Ticking Time Bomb. ❜

STEVE WALKED OUT OF THE LAB, feeling torn apart by the possibility of S

STEVE WALKED OUT OF THE LAB, feeling torn apart by the possibility of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s work. After having an intense discussion with Tony and Bruce about the cube and the intelligence organization, he couldn't help but feel suspicious. Tony was right. Why did Fury call them now and not before? What could he be not telling them? So many thoughts ran through his mind as he walked towards the hull of the ship. He needed to figure out what they were hiding.

But before he could go any further, his body collided with the ex-soldier causing her to lose balance. Steve grabbed her waist to keep her from falling and quickly released his hands, realizing what he just did. He stepped back and gave her a shy smile, "I'm sorry about that."

Jamie could feel his warm touch, but it quickly disappeared as it appeared. She looked up and locked eyes with him, his blue eyes sheepishly staring into hers as he stepped back. She smiled and brushed it off with a hand gesture, "It's alright. What's the sudden rush, Captain?"

Steve chuckled at the name and gave her a polite smile, "Steve is just fine, ma'am." he told her, making her raise an eyebrow. "Right, then you should stop calling me ma'am then," she smirked as they both walked down dozens of hallways.

A deep chuckle escaped from his lips and nodded, "Fair enough."

Jamie hummed and was about to turn to her left when his voice stopped her, "You've been with S.H.I.E.L.D. for decades. Did you ever find anything unusual with the organization?" Steve asked her, watching her halt in her steps and slowly turning around to meet his solemn expression.

She crossed her arms in front of her chest and sighed, "I've been trying to find something over the years, but I haven't been successful," Jamie replied, causing him to inch closer to the female. "Why not? Didn't you help create the organization?"

Jamie nodded, "I did, but only some part of it. I wasn't around that much, so I didn't know what they really stood for, and I only followed orders. All I know is that it's a secret organization that participates in maintaining global security, which doesn't make sense to me." she explained, her eyebrows furrowed.