𝟎𝟐𝟎

I placed my hands on my hips and heaved a sigh, instant and severe regret washing over me as I climbed up the steep hill

I definitely wasn't new to the hiking scene, but maybe spontaneously hiking at 2 in the afternoon wasn't the best idea I could've come up with.

I had already started walking the trail so it was too late to turn back.

I knew the trails like the back of my hand and I'm sure if I was determined enough I would be able to find my way around in the span of fifteen minutes maximum.

I did value the calm that came with hiking alone though despite it being the hottest day I had ever experienced, I noticed that I recently had been becoming more friendly with people, and had started going to more populated events and they surprisingly weren't as unpleasant as the first time.

On the other hand, I was getting out of loop with my actual self, and I wasn't so fond of that happening, So after pondering over it while I drove to Jah's condo I took a sharp turn and came here, in search of the peace, calm and silence that it regularly brought me.

Unfortunately, the energy in the atmosphere was all the way off from when I started walking up he path while a group of girls who were taking pictures in the middle of it and one of them took a step back and stepped on me and didn't even bother to acknowledge what she did.

I didn't say anything though and just maneuvered my way around them and went on with my hike, but I was now certain that they were following me, and from their snooty demeanor, they weren't  planning on asking for an autograph.

After about twenty-eight minutes of walking I laid a small picnic blanket and sat down, eating the fruit I bought and cut in the car before walking the trail.

I huffed after about two minutes of eating and got up abruptly, dropping my phone and cutting Billie Holiday off mid riff, fed up with the girls' loud chattering as they stood idly a few feet away from me.

I walked off the trail and stepped over a log futher into the forest, softly apologizing to the plants on the ground with each step I took, initially hoping I'd get them lost in there so that I could enjoy the rest of my hike.

"Courtney come on! She's going in!" I heard one of them yell in a hushed tone.

"Taylor you go, I literally am just wearing shorts! I can't risk iching myself into a rash." Another voice said defensively at a deafening high pitch, I rolled my eyes and hid behind a tree big enough to keep me outta her sight.

"Oh my God Court I can't see her! Ugh-" I could hear the loud noise of the branches and leaves rustling against her feet as she marched in which ever direction she thought I had gone.

I peeked from behind the tree at her, and she was headed in my direction, I realized I couldn't lose her because her friends were out there waiting and once they'd see me they'd definitely call out for her so I jumped out right in front of her instead.