𝟎𝟎𝟏

A song I was unfamiliar with blasted through the speakers, banging brutally against my eardrums, capable of giving anyone a headache

A song I was unfamiliar with blasted through the speakers, banging brutally against my eardrums, capable of giving anyone a headache. "Let's go to the kitchen." Charmaine yelled, but I couldn't really make out for sure, it was my greatest guess from reading her lips.

It seemed like they had speakers in every corner of the house cause the volume didn't decrease as we made our way into the kitchen, which was self proclaimed as a make out spot by the amount of sweaty bodies locking lips as they slowly bounced and rocked to the rhythm of the music.

"Do you even know what this Naeem guy looks like?" I yelled over the music, barely able to even hear myself.

Charmaine nodded with a small smile, evidently not having heard what I said, before she turned back and searched the kitchen for a guy she's never met in person.

I suddenly felt someone place their hands on both sides of my shoulders, the action causing me to turn around instantly, coming face to face with a lean lightskin guy smiling down at us.

"Welcome ladies. Make yourselves at home." He smiled, and I could've sworn different expression flickered in his eyes as he glanced at me, but I pushed the thought to the back of my mind. "My house is your house."

"Rahime just texted me." Reiya said in my ear, shoving her phone in my purse that she was borrowing for the night. "Call me for anything." She smiled slightly at me before making her way out of the kitchen.

The thick air and hot temperature made me feel nauseous, which was what I expected to be the repercussions of going this far outta my element.

Naeem leaned down to my height spontaneously as I opened my mouth to speak, his pierced ear just a few inches from my lips. "I need to go to the bath-"

"There's one upstairs, third door by your right." I placed a hand on his shoulder as a gesture of appreciation, before making my way to the living room, sighing deeply once I finally find the staircase.

I blinked and stared at my sweaty reflection in disgust, the loud music and bodies that cramped up against each other to form one spec of matter was making me feel extremely uncomfortable.

Wasn't exactly what I thought my first party would be like.

The sudden fear that I was being watched by someone wormed into my conscious, causing me to haphazardly splash water on my face to calm down the dreadful clogging I felt in all sections my head.

I trudged back into the kitchen, after struggling through the drunken bodies once again. Glancing around the room, I was unable to find the familiar set of Sandy curls that Reiya and I had arrived with.