sixteen: "one day i'll make you mine"

"and what exactly am i supposed to do?" i whispered to graham, attempting to be discreet in order to avoid any unprofessionalism surrounding the tour bus as it was being brimmed to the fullest in all sorts of gear for shows. me and graham, being the earliest we could be, arrived first, as it was the first day of my new job... working for an upcoming band that i'm somehow intertwined with so immensely.

graham decided that he, although not appreciating how early in the day it was, would accompany me on my first day as a form of moral support to prepare me for when the journey starts. i was supposed to be an assistant to the tour manager: something i have not been too prepared in my field to become, but it was worth a shot due to the grades i received at the end of my university years.

"he'll tell you what to do, all you need to do currently is be here, and present for him to be able to greet you," graham replied, his eyes lost in the scenery painted through the window adjacent to him as we patiently waited for the other members to join us in the van. "we've told him a lot of nice things about you, so let's just hope everything goes smoothly as planned."

soon enough, the three remaining members joined us on the vehicle, each one escaping a grunt from their throats having to waddle through the small space to a seat which called out to them. alex seemed exhausted, in all the wrong ways, and upon him landing into his seat, all he could seem to do was shut his eyes and attempt to crawl back into a desperately-needed slumber. dave was calm, collected, and well-rested - as someone should be on the morning of an important beginning. it's not everyday you're greeted with a tour, promoting your creative abilities, to the whole of the country.

it's safe to say when my eyes landed on damon, all ability to simply muster a word was lost. he looked exactly the same as graham was - both undeniably exhausted, but not on the horrific scale of alex, who gave the impression that he had been partying all night long, and god knows where. there was something about the outlined eyebags and tiredness in his eyes that portrayed such contrast against his inhumane features; he was like me, human, but looked exactly like a fallen angel, shunned away from protecting the gates of heaven. my heartbeat was quick to react to his presence, thumping loud and hard as if the blood in my body was clotting, the fist-shaped muscle doing all it could to prevent me from collapsing into a coma. 

graham took notice of my dramatic reaction to damon's entrance, my peripheral vision taking notice of a snarly grin forming on his weary features. making eye contact with him slowly, i huffed silently, holding my tongue between my teeth. graham's expression did not change at all in that given moment - instead, his head shook a couple times at how head-over-heels i had become towards damon, as if i was some 80s teenage girl who was helplessly in love with a member of duran duran. 

"dames, can we switch seats?" he whined, the fatigue in his voice excessively visable, though we both knew he was only doing this in order to see my reaction - as he was staring straight into my eyes as he spoke. "louise won't let me sleep in peace."

my mouth was now wide open, completely out of shock due to how unbelievable the situation had become. there was no way graham had just said that, but then again, was i really complaining if damon said yes? 

damon, slowly turning to look at both me and graham at the back seats of the van, laughed lightly, his eyes now completely fixated on me, causing the rapid drum beat performing in my ribcage to somehow increase once again. "sure, graham." he replied, smiling at me softly before removing the seatbelt from his chair and getting up. 

the van was a 7-seater, with two people at the front - where dave was sitauted with the driver, three seats in the middle by the two doors - where alex and now graham were sitting, the chair in the middle folded out to become an arm rest with two cup holders in-between them, and the last two seats at the far back, where me and damon were sat. as this was the boot, there was only a small window on either side, which made the enclosed space shared between us even more hidden away from the rest of the world, insinuating an idea to me that this was only me and damon in this given moment, regardless of whomever was sat in front - they couldn't really see us both due to the darkness shadowing at the back.