four: "it's called she's so high"

"we're here," damon exhaled, facing to look at me, as my dreary eyes slowly outlined the building stood a few yards away. we were in the car for around 20 minutes - longer than damon expected to drive. fucking traffic, he mumbled, parking the car into the small spot we found in front of the building. i began gazing at the architecture analyse every single feature my eyes could land upon. he, without my realisation, took the chance to study my features. i soon, felt a gaze, his gaze, burning into my skin, yet i didn't budge. i continued to look straight ahead; i wondered the thoughts that were crossing his mind. what did he see on my face that was so interesting? was he admiring me? surely not. that's obscure.

eventually, i moved my head to face him. i smiled widely, undoing my seatbelt and opening the car door. to say that i was nervous was an understatement. the thought of them being the complete opposite of how damon had described them to be circled my mind. i felt my hands shift a bit, feeling the the slight shiver of the cold weather engulfing my arms in goosebumps. i watched damon exit the car, his eyes trailing onto me once he shut the door, then my hands. he then walked up to where i was standing, and grabbed my hand lightly.

"i know you're nervous, but seriously, there isn't anything to worry about. they're great people,"

i simply huffed and turned to look at the door, "that's nerves for you,"

"come on, it's gonna be fine!" he answered, putting an arm around my shoulder in an attempt to relax and comfort me, which it did.

i exhaled sharply and started walking to the entrance door with him. we walked for a few seconds, through the small hallways of the place, landing to a room right by a dark staircase. it was labelled 'studio a', which was slanted to the side, falling off. i admired it, as damon fixed his hand on the door knob, opening the door. at this point his arm wasn't around my shoulder anymore, and the loss of contact left my body aching for his touch again. i wish i could hug him and never let go.

"hey guys, this is louise, the girl i was telling you about," damon said, opening the door wider, welcoming the boys into my view. i stood awkwardly, following damon through the door and into the studio space. i felt all three of their gazes gloom onto me and my figure, my insecurities swallowing me whole. damon looked at me and gave a reassuring smile, initiating the idea that i'll be fine. i looked at the 3 other people in the room, staring at their features intently. they were all extremely good looking, just like damon.

"well, hi, i'm graham," said the boy, who was sitting nearest to me. his hair was almost shaped in a bowl-cut, almost exactly like damon's now growing one, but his hair was more wavy compared to damon's straight strands. his entire face and physique was very soft, delicate, beautiful. he smiled at me sweetly, to which i smiled back, shaking the hand that was left in the air for me by him.

"i'm alex," i then shifted my gaze to see, another boy, smiling widely at me. he also had his hand out for me to shake, in which i did, as i stared straight at his eyes. they were beautiful, just like his face, with a jawline so perfectly cut, i instantly took an interest into his looks. i caught myself off guard from my stare as i felt his hand release from my grasp. pull yourself together louise, you can't be eyeing at someone when you only just met them.

"and i'm dave," said the boy, furthest away from me. he was stood by the small drum kit fixed at the back of the room, surrounded by what seemed to be unused amps. i slowly walked up to him, smiling nicely as i admired him from afar. his hair was a light ginger, strawberry blonde, as he had diamond-like eyes that twinkled in the thin rays of sunshine that luminesced the room. i shook his hand lightly, standing by him as i turned my body to face the entirety of the group. my nerves were now long gone, shaming myself from my needless anxiousness from earlier.

"now, when are you guys going to play me some music!" i cheered, my grin wide as i looked at the boys.

i heard graham laugh at me, chuckling at my eagerness. they all shared looks to one another, mumbling what i could assume were song names. damon then ended up mumbling something among the lines of 'she's so high' to which they all nodded and moved to their appropriate positions. i moves towards the nearest sofa, my eyes trailing around the room, seeing the unattended ash trays and empty bottles of beer.

"okay, we're going to play what we've hoped to be our new single, it's called she's so high," damon said, glancing at me. i threw my hands in the air; i pretended to fake cheer, earning a couple laughs from all the boys. i knew we were going to get along amazingly.

my heart fluttered hearing the opening sounds to the song. it already sounded beautiful. damon rocked his microphone back and forth, counting the beats with his head, staring at the ground. i shifted my gaze towards graham, he was strumming repeatedly on his guitar, focusing intently on the chords. so he's the lead guitar. alex on the other hand, was very laid back, standing casually - occasionally looking at his guitar to see if he was playing the correct note. he's the bassist.

as damon started singing, my heard was immediately captured by his voice. it was so, ravishing. my eyes were glued onto him, examining every facial expression painted onto his face as he sung. he sang with such passion, such heart in his voice. his eyes aligned with mine at one point, and he smiled, winking at me as he continued to stare at me. my body felt numbed, in a good way; of his actions. my heart began racing, my pulse driving me wild as i stared at the ground, awkwardly trying to get myself together - once again.

when the song came to an end, i sat in awe, in shock, in admiration. the song was one of the prettiest things i had ever heard, and i would only wish to be able to play it on repeat again in my head. damon turned his head to face the group quickly, turning his head back after, smiling widely as he raised his eyebrows, waiting for my response.

"well?" i heard alex and damon say, making me laugh a little at their synced voices.

"jinx!" damon shouted, jumping in the air. i heard alex mumble a short 'damn it' whilst beginning to rummage through his pockets. dave laughed and shook his head as i sat there, confused as to the situation occurring, glancing at graham who was grinning at them. he exchanged a glance with me, seeing my dumbfounded expression, understanding that i didn't know what was going on. he pulled his guitar off of his shoulders and stood it on the sleek, black stand beside him, making sure it was steady before heading to sit next to me. the rest of the boys continued laughing, forgetting the previous events going on.

"so basically, damon and alex have this thing where, because they tend to say the same things a lot of the time, in sync, whoever says 'jinx' gets 5 quid off the other person," he said, as i nodded my head, looking over to them, "so far, alex has lost the most, as damon keeps winning," i laughed, staring at damon again. there was something i felt in my heart because of him, something i had never really felt before. he pulled on my heart strings in such a euphoric way, but i was astounded to know what it was.

i continued to chat with graham for a while, finding out a little more about him. he was a year younger than damon, but just a few days before damon's birthday. the 12th of march, he said, damon's on the 23rd.

a few minutes later, i heard damon call my name, diverting me away from the enjoyable conversation i was having with graham. he was a very collected, down to earth person, but he can also be funny and wild he wants to be.

"louise?"

"yeah?" i said, turning my head to face him.

"what'd you think of the song?" he asked, a small sparkle illustrating in his pupils.

i inhaled sharply, my heart beating as i thought of the song, the wink, his stare.

"amazing,"