five: "so, how are you damon?"

"that's ridiculous, how could you think strawberry milk is gross?" i questioned, glaring at graham in disgust. him and i were hanging out, having a couple beers at the local pub near the recording studio, in which he was at only hours ago.

over the past week, i had been to more of the band's rehersals, enjoying every sole bit of it. they welcomed me in every time, and when i wasn't able to make it due to my - now slacking - studies, they would moan. me and graham never got the proper chance to hang out, except from the band practices or the one time he insisted on walking me home when damon couldn't drop me. over this conversation alone, we had grown very close; us finding out things about eachother every single second we were there.

"it is, chocolate milk is the elite one, try and change my mind," he replied, throwing his hands up by his head in a way of protection.

"you're kidding me, chocolate milk is THE worst thing ever. it tastes like shit, looks like it too," i answered, standing up from my seat, grabbing both our now empty beer jars. he laughed at my irritation towards his remarks, whilst i huffed and walked to the bar. i ordered us both two more beers, gawking at the clock sat on the wall. the more i tried to ignore it, it still came back to haunt me. my finals are only weeks away, and here i am, chilling at the bar with one of the best people i've come to know.

quickly, i walked towards where graham was sat, waiting for me and the same intoxicating drink - for the fourth time. he snatched the beer from my left hand as i sat down, giggling at his yearning for more. i began chugging the drink that was left in my right hand, only going half way before putting it down for some air.

"you know, i really can't be bothered for these stupid exams, i used to be so keen on them, i didn't really have a social life before i met you guys," i mumbled, drawing fake patterns on the dark wooden table with my finger.

"i went to art college and i enjoyed it a bit, but i don't think that's exactly the same field that you're taking," he joked, bringing a small smile to my face.

"now that is correct, and i do love taking english but, for some reason i've lost my passion for it," i said, looking towards the clock by the bar, for the third time in the span of a few minutes. "i'm so anxious for when the time comes, what if all i'm doing now is ruining the time and dedication i've been spending for it? you guys always want me to come to your band practices now, and i absolutely adore going to them,"

"well, you're going to have to sit those exams whether you like them or not. damon's pretty good at english, he might be able to help you," graham suggested, my head now turning to look at him, appreciating the help he's trying to give me.

"yeah but university level english? if anything, it's not that i need someone to help me, it's that i need to stop wasting time and actually carry on studying, you know?" i replied, drinking the last extracts of beer left in the glass cup. "i have a 3,000 word essay due on tuesday, and i've only managed to do 500 words,"

"why don't you finish it over the weekend, come to band practice on monday, and we'll read it? maybe not alex, he's not really into this stuff but, i'm sure me, damon and dave will," he proposed, a grin lighting up my face. "if anything it would help,"

"would you really?" i asked, graham nodding at me enthusiastically. in all honesty, he was the sweetest person i had ever met. he was so considerate, and extremely helpful at times. although we've known eachother for little over than a week, he, and the rest of them, have helped me brighten up so much more, regardless of the troubles occuring for my finals.

he grinned and said, "of course, it's the least we can do, you've been a great help for our songs; we don't really get an outsiders point of view, so its a massive help you being around alone,"