thirteen: "all of us know it"

"amazing!" i yelled, standing on my hind legs and clapping at a proud-looking graham sat in front of me. i was visiting his apartment for the first time, as he had proposed i should, due to him showing me yet another flawless piece of music.

"thank you," he replied, his left hand now caressing the back of his neck, his eyes trailing all over the guitar laid on his lap. my gaze wandered around the room, adorning every piece of furniture and decoration i could look at.

his apartment, like justine's, made me feel as if i was like looking into his brain. i was stepping into his mind, his skin, learning all the wiring into how he works. it was a very simple, yet crowded space. he had all sorts of guitars laying around, but all in the same space. he was a very clean person, apart from a couple empty bottles of beer laying on the coffee table. a small laugh escaped my mouth, he was able to wipe his apartment clean but was too lazy to get rid of such a small thing.

standing up, i began walking around the room, my fingers grazing over the walls. "how long have you lived here for?" i asked, staring at a canvas of art hanging on the wall on top of the sofa he was sat on. it was abstract, using only bright, bold colours. it was like nothing i had ever seen, it was beautiful.

"a couple months, it took me a while to adjust here," he answered, watching me as i eyed the painting above him. "if you wanted to know, i painted that,"

upon hearing his words, my eyes immediately darted to his face. my eyes were wide, in a shocked expression. this man never fails to continuously astonish me - in many ways.

"seriously? it's... so good!" i shrieked, my expression formed in a frown, a good one. "god, graham you're so talented," i mumbled, frozen in place. he responded with a smile, not knowing how to respond. i giggled at his shyness, he's unable to take compliments.

wandering into the kitchen, i felt graham's figure amble about behind me. opening his fridge, i was welcomed to a sight of emptiness, accompanied with leftovers from nights previous. along with that, he had countless bottles of beer neatly placed at the bottom. "i was meant to go to restock the other day, but i sort of forgot to," he laughed from behind me, as i crouched down to grab myself a small can of beer - then closing the fridge door after. i opened the nearest cupboard, snatching two glasses, placing them on the marble countertop. i opened the can of beer, and shared it between both cups.

"here," i said, handing him the glass. he nodded as a thank-you, before hanging the cup in the air, waiting for my drink to clink with his. "after this, let's go to the shops, it'll be fun," i added, before taking a short sip from my beverage.

"yeah alright," he said, leaning on the countertop next to me. "you probably know what i need more than i do," he chuckle, earning a laugh from me.

rolling my eyes, i straightened my back. "stereotypes,"

~~~

there was a local tesco nearby his place, so we decided that since there was no need in travelling for ages and wearing ourselves out, it was best if we just went there.

inside, it was quite groggy. there were multiple people circling the isles with trolleys filled up to the brim with all sorts things, from cucumbers to party hats. graham needed basically every necessity created on plant earth itself, so we grabbed one of the many trolleys fixated outside and began our adventure.

i always found going to supermarkets with your friends the best sort of experience. you were able to have laughs whilst you were serious on buying fundamentals. with graham it was exactly like that, if anything more amusing. his stereotype that i was able to know exactly what he needed due to my gender kept repeating in my head, resulting in my repetitive scolding on how he shouldn't make comments like that. "sorry mother," he said, trying to stifle a smile as he pushed the trolley behind me.