Chapter 41

Two Days Later

Alexander, Stefan and Rebekah's youngest of their children was late again for his class. As he was speed walking to get to his class he bumped into someone making his things and their things fall.

"I am so sorry." A female voice said as they both bent down to pick up their books.

Alexander looked up at her and was in awe at the girl in front of him. "No, I should've been paying attention." He stood up off the ground and helped her up. 

"Well..I-it's quite alright." Her French accent coming on strong this time. 

"I'm Alexander, but my friends call me Alex." He adjusted his backpack on his shoulder.

"I'm Esme and It's very nice to meet you, Alexander." She smiled politely. 

"Northern France?" Alexander questioned. 

"Pardon?" Esme raised her eyebrows.

"Your accent, your from Northern France, correct?" Alexander asked. 

"You are correct, I was born in Arras and I lived there most of my life." Esme bounced on the balls of her feet. 

"I see, maybe we could get to know each other better over coffee at the Grill, after school?" Alexander asked. 

"Sure. See you at the Grill." Esme walked away to her class. She shook her head and sighed. She couldn't let herself get distracted by some boy. She had to get close to the phantom spirit, so when the time comes she won't be able to hurt her, because they've formed a close bond.

***

Jenna and Finn were arguing once again. They had been arguing for the past 3 weeks, since the winter wonderland ball. "Jenna, Please let me expl-" 

Jenna held her hand up stopping Finn from finishing. A tear slid down her cheek and her water eyes looked into his. "No, I don't have it in me to hear any more lies from you, Finn."

"Jen-"

"Finn, just give me some time to think about everything. I just need space for awhile." Jenna said. 

"I'll give you as much time as you need, because once your ready to hear me out, I'll still be waiting for you. I love you, beautiful." Finn gave her one last look and walked out of their room, shutting the door behind him. He heard her footsteps as they stopped on the other side of the door. 

He set a hand against the door and his forehead rested on the door. Jenna did the same on the other side of the door. 

***

McKenna skipped classes the second time this week. She snuck through her bedroom window at the Mikaelson Mansion.  She set her backpack on the floor and climbed through. She straightened herself out and fixed her skirt. She looked up and let out a small yelp. 

Hayley stood there with crossed arms. "Shouldn't you be at School, McKenna?" 

"Aunt Hayley, please don't tell my Mom or Dad." McKenna begged. 

"Only if you tell me why you aren't at school." Hayley said. 

McKenna sighed and walked over to her bed sitting on it. Hayley sat next to her. "I feel lost." She looked at her nails, picking at them. 

"Why?" 

"I'm sure you know that in order for me to become a phantom spirit, I had to lose someone I cared for deeply." McKenna looked at Hayley and Hayley nodded for her to continue. "There was this boy named Austin. He honestly changed my life and how I looked at things. He was normal, he made me feel...normal." McKenna sadly smiled.