(1) 3,459 miles

Your POV

I am lying in my bed. I can't stop thinking about him, and I haven't been able ever since I first saw him. I can't lie, I haven't actually met him before. I've only ever seen him in a few movies, tv shows, interviews, slime tutorials ... I mean, how could I have met him? - he's a fucking celebrity!! Plus, he lives in New York, the Big Apple, where dreams are made of, my dream home... whatever you want to call it. All that mattered was that he was 3,459 miles away from me in London and I would probably never meet him. That's right, I would never meet him. I need to understand if I'm ever going to get over this obsession. My EXTREMELY unhealthy obsession for a man 20+ years my senior... Anyways, the best thing I can do is try and forget about him, for now at least...

Lin's POV

Life is great right now. Sebby's growing so fast, Moana is going great, and so is my second Broadway musical, 'Hamilton'. Life is great. I get to go out there eight times a week and just escape it all, just be Alexander Hamilton. It's kinda soothing in a way, if that makes sense. Despite how crazy his life turned out to be, it gives me a break from everything going on in my life.

The other day I got a call from the one and only Rob Marshall - I'm such a big fan of his work - about a project that he's working on. I have no clue what it is, but if it's as good as his film adaptation of 'Chicago', I'm in luck. I'm meant to be meeting him tomorrow during the break between shows. Yes, it's a two show day, hopefully I'm not too exhausted by then.

Tommorow lunch 

After the bows of another seamless show, I darted through the buzz of backstage, avoiding as many conversations as possible. This was very important to me - it's not everyday you meet a living legend! I quickly changed into some casual clothes, tied my long hair (still rigid from the hairspray) into a messy bun, and hurried across the street to the cafe I was meeting Rob.

I sat down in a chair opposite Rob. I was late, but he didn't seem to mind.

"Hi, I'm Rob." he said

'I know', I thought. "Lin-Manuel" I responded instead.

"I know" he replied. I chuckled at amazement at that. Rob Marshall knew my name! I mean how else would he have got in contact with me but still, it's crazy! Which reminds me...

"It's fantastic to finally meet you."

"The same for you" I said.

" Now you're probably wondering why I did want to meet you and, well this is top secret, but Disney has a sequel to Mary Poppins being produced and I'm the director. Now it's a sequel so it's not all the same characters, apart from Mary of course, but it features the Banks children all grown up. The iconic Bert isn't going to be in it cause he'll be old, however, there will be a Bert-like character. A lamplighter who was an apprentice of Bert when he was younger. Jack. He was visited by Mary Poppins as a kid but, unlike all the other adults, he never forgot the magic and remembers all the adventures they had. The actor playing Jack has to have a child-like quality in them, a true imagination that Jack has never lost. The Mary Poppins Returns team have decided that you, Lin-Manuel Miranda, would be perfect for the role."

I sat in front of him amazed, my mouth slightly agape. I couldn't believe it! They wanted me to be in a Mary Poppins sequel! I finally composed myself and said,

"Oh my god that sounds amazing Rob. I am so honoured you thought of me, thank you! Of course I am interested, Poppins was one of my favourites growing up, but I will need to think about it a bit first."

"Oh yeah" Rob says, taking a sip of his coffee, "Of course, take all the time you need. Well, not all the time, about two weeks? I will send you all the info this afternoon so you can think about it properly."

"Well thank you so much Mr Marshall, I truly am humbled, but I do need to get back to the theatre, the next show starts in a half hour and I can't be-"

Rob stands up nodding in understanding and goes to shake my hand again, "Of course yes, go. It's been great talking to you."

I nod in agreement and start to walk away, a beam on my face.

I hear a mumble from behind me"Oh shit" then "Lin, LIN!". I turn around. "Also you would have to move to London probably for the year."

Shit.

A/N: Hi guys! This is my first chapter of my first book so please no judgement! I know this chapters a bit wordy and uneventful for Y/N  but it's kind of just setting up the story (although I don't really have a solid plot yet).  I hope you enjoy and I guess I'll just update when I'm ready for now since i don't have any followers. Bye sweeties xx