(7) Eggbreak

Your POV

I finally found a job at a little cafe called 'Eggbreak', in Notting Hill, about 4 days after I had that conversation with Lin at Costa. There was really good food there, which I was starting to master, and, along with my job at the corner shop, I had enough for rent each month and a little to spare. I would go in every morning to Eggbreak around 7 a.m. and stay there until about 2 p.m., before starting my corner shop shift at 5 p.m. and finishing at 8 p.m., when I could finally go home to Belle. Her boyfriend had moved in with us, so it was a bit of a squeeze, but then again the rent became less, as there were more of us. This meant I could spend more money on nicer things, but also pocket a bit into my savings.

I went back to that Costa everyday that week in hope of seeing him again, but he was never there. It kinda worried me. He wasn't as active on Twitter as well, which was a sign that something was probably up. But what could I do about it? It's not as if I knew where he lived. I just wished that I could see him again, talk to him again, meet with him again, despite the crazy amount of times I had already.

Then it clicked. It seemed I had forgotten who he was and what he was even doing here. He will have been filming Mary Poppins. Oh God, how selfish of me to be talking like that... I guess whatever happens, will happen.

Lin's POV

"Okay guys that was great! We'll take five now!" 

I walked over to the snack table where there was an assortment of British chocolates, candies, chips and sandwiches. 

It all looked very appetising and so I tried some of the candy. Holy crap, that was good.

Then I heard a little voice,

"Can I have a cheeky little Freddo?" 

It was Emily's daughter. She was the cutest being on the planet, aside from Sebastian. Her accent was kinda funny, her father, John, being American and Emily being British, but it was cute nonetheless.

"Sure kiddo, a Freddo?" I felt the urge to freestyle but suppressed it. "Here" I said handing it to her. She smiled back at me, her two front teeth missing and  flashed her eyelids at me, making me chuckle.

"Alright, fine, here have these, but don't tell your mom okay?" I conceded, giving her a handful of the chocolates.

"Okay, Lin!" She said and then ran off. God, why are children so cute? 

That reminded me of Sebby sitting at home with Vanessa, watching Chuggington. Poor V, I better try and get home early today to spare her from the pain.

 I reached home an hour and a half earlier than usual as the rehearsal had conveniently ended early as we covered all the choreo. As I pulled my keys from my pocket, I heard Sebastian's noises from inside our apartment, together with the sound of crashing toys. Pushing the door open, I, unsurprisingly, saw Sebby in front of the TV playing with his Chuggington trains, along with the tv show. Vanessa was sitting on the couch, clearly having a migraine from all the clamour, her arms stretched over her head. I walked in behind her and planted a kiss on her nose. She opened her eyes and gave me a pained smile.

"Loud day, from Seb, huh?" I asked her.

"Yup. You know, I love him and everything, but sometimes it's all a bit much." She said wincing a bit.

"Yeah, I know... That's little kids though isn't it, eh?" I felt guilty for not being around as much. "Hey, you go lie down in bed, I'll try to sort Sebby out, and then I'll bring you something nice, how's  that sound?" I soothed, gently rubbing her forehead