Chapter One: What the hell?

I woke up after an exhausting day of exploring the woods. I yawned, and got up to stretch.

Wait a minute, this isn't my house. I looked down. I was standing on a cloud. In the middle of the sky

"Wait a minute, this can't be right. Didn't Mr. Hunderson back in 5th grade say you can't stand on clouds?" I recall. Clouds are made out of water, there is no way I can stand on it.

"You're correct," a voice responded

I looked up and saw a person wearing a dark gray cloak. He was floating in midair. His skin tone went from a gray down to full white, and instead of a face, it was replaced with a white 8-pronged star.

"Who the heck are you!? Where am I!? Is this a dream?!" I have so many questions, and I want answers.

"Well, I can answer a few of those. First, what I would do to check if I'm in a dream is to pinch myself. Try it," the stranger recommended.

I pinched my arm. "Ow," I winced. "Yep, not a dream, totally awake. Now can you please explain yourself?"

"Certainly. My name is Compale, and I'm one of the many beings known as Points. Not many humans know about us, but those that do have sadly passed away or have become Points as well."

"What do you mean 'became Points'?"

"Err, nothing. Forget I said that part."

"Okay, weird Compale dude. So anyway, why am I here?" I asked. I'm itching to get back home and continue exploring the forest. I want to see if there's anything new in there.

"Right that. The points at the emporium have fallen under times of mistrust, and I was away for quite a while in search of another point named Stratosfear as well as the second Star Savior," he explained

"You mean Verano?" I corrected.

"Yes, Verano... Now, can you please let me finish?"

"Alright."

¯¯¯⌜later...⌟¯¯¯

I finally touched solid ground. Man, that guy talks a lot. Compale suddenly appears beside me.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, quickly shifting to the side.

"What?"

"You scared me, that's what. Can you not do that again?"

"Sorry."

The both of us walked on. I took a moment to gaze upon the ruins. "What happened here... everything looks so... miserable," I noted. Compale nodded in agreement. "I did say something happened to the points that caused this to happen, and it was my disappearance that caused the destruction of the emporium."

I walked up to a red building with broken boards on the floor. A huge sign that said "Tutorial Center" was on its last nail, doomed to fall at any given moment. "Dang... and I thought I was gonna learn everything I needed to know to help you guys out."

"Yes, it's quite unfortunate. Luckily, I managed to tear the boards down. Hopefully, Solgon doesn't mind." I tilted my head in confusion. "Who's Solgon?" I asked. Compale sighed. "He's the point in charge of the tutorial center. At least, when I left he was. Not sure what became of him though."

I looked up and noticed a green building. It was shuttered, with a huge sign similar to that of the Tutorial Center that said "Bonus Level Shop". I looked at my companion. He seemed anxious. I probably shouldn't ask him any more questions.

I took a step inside the center, just to make sure it wouldn't collapsed. "Take a look around, I'll be outside when you're finished," Compale announced. I nodded, and walked a bit farther.

After looking around and reading the notes on the artifacts, I walked out and greeted Compale. "I assume you know the basic ropes?" Compale asked. "Yep!" I heartily blurted out. "Good. Anyways, while you were inside looking at the things inside the glass cases, I managed to push this rock in order to gain access to Adventure Grounds. Now, go along then, and head in."

I was kinda shocked. "Wait, you're not gonna come with me?" "Well, if I did, it would complicate things, since everyone thinks I'm dead," Compale reminded me for the ten-thousandth time. "Right, okay then," I said as I stepped into the old portal.

«~~~~»

Wee-o! Chapter 1 is done! I hope you enjoyed it. Oho boy, is our protagonist wearing out Compale with their questions, haha. Even the title of this chapter is a question! It should be called "Questions, questions" instead, haha. Anyways, see ya soon birbs :D