Chapter Nine: Robotic Misunderstanding

"Finally! You're back! I was getting worried!" the normally calm Compale exclaimed in dismay.

"Sorry about that," I responded. "There was a bit of an issue with getting Arrolin's symbol, but here it is!" I quickly pulled the upwards green arrow-shaped symbol out of my satchel, and proudly showed it to Compale. Compale grinned. "Two more symbols left, and we can finally unite the points."

"I have one question though," I asked. "Go on," he responded. I took a deep breath. "Why do we have to gather the symbols? Isn't your presence enough to resolve the current conflict?" Compale's smile faltered. "Unfortunately not. As much as I'd love it to work like that, it doesn't. They'll probably think I'm some sort of mirage." "Oh. I see."

Suddenly, I yawned. It was pretty loud if I say so myself. Compale, of course, heard it. "Are you alright?" he asked. "Just a little tired. I've been running around all day ever since I met you," I reminded him.

He nodded. "True. I suggest you take a little nap. A small stop in our journey couldn't hurt, right?" I glanced at the sky, noticing the sun still had yet to rise. "Yea, it couldn't," I remarked.

«~~~~»

A lone figure stands at the top of a desolate desert, looking down into a large canyon. In it, lies a huge factory. Robots were moving around, and one point stands there, overseeing the operation. The figure teleports away and ends up next to a robot.

The robot stops in surprise, and the figure disappears. Then the robot changes color, and a 6 pronged star appears just above the eyes, with two of them being slightly longer than the others. The robot continues on with its duties, which have been greatly altered.

«~~~~»

After what seemed like forever, I woke up right next to a huge window on a purple wall. Compale was sitting right next to me. Creepy, I thought.

"So, I assume you're headed to Battery Canyon, right?" he asked. "If that's the next world, then yep!" I said heartily as I sat up. "Good luck then."

I got up and walked through the doors. I rode on the conveyor belt to the Battery Canyon entrance. It was a metal gateway, with gears sticking out, along with a bunch of complicated-looking electronic things stuck to it. A huge, lit sign saying "BATTERY CANYON" was spelled out on it. I took a deep breath and walked in.

«~~~~»

"An intruder has entered the Canyon," a female robotic voice rang out. The blue point standing nearby lowered its head.

> ᴀɴ ɪɴᴛʀᴜᴅᴇʀ ʜᴀs ᴇɴᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀɴʏᴏɴ
> ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀs...
> ɪ'ʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ sᴜʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ʙʟᴀsᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ sᴍɪᴛʜᴇʀᴇᴇɴs
> ʀᴇɢᴀʀᴅʟᴇss ᴏғ ᴡʜᴏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ...

«~~~~»

"Woah, what is this place?" I was in awe of the huge factory sitting on a cliff in the middle of a canyon. "It's nothing like the one at Shallare's world..."

«~~~~»

I'm too lazy to describe it, so I suppose you readers can imagine what it looks like.

«~~~~»

I stepped inside the looming factory. A security robot was there to greet me.