Chapter Two: Geared For a Crisis

I ended up at Adventure Grounds. It had concrete structures, a path, ponds, and grass. Maybe this isn't going to be so bad after all.

I took a few steps forward before tripping forward. "Owie!" I yelled. A huge metal cage came clanking down, trapping me in. What did I do at that moment? I yelled "HELP!" Then, Adventure Grounds fell.

Actually, turns out it was a huge painting of old Adventure Grounds. A scarily realistic one at that. The actual one was quite devastating. Small, abandoned buildings and pipes were scattered everywhere. Smoke was in the air. The ponds were filled with gunk and all that terrible stuff.

I've gotta get out of here, but how? I quickly looked around to find something that'll help me get out of this predicament. A dry stick, a rock, anything. Sadly, it just so happens that I was stuck on the only patch of green grass in the entire polluted world. Wait, maybe there's something in my bag! You quickly opened the satchel I (for some reason) had and dug my hand in. I pulled out a lockpick. Nice! At least it isn't a hair clip, lol.

I quickly inserted the lock pick and unlocked the cage door. I shoved the lock pick back in the bag. Trying not to waste time, I ran out and started wandering, looking for the point of this world.

Then, all of a sudden, a voice said, "Halt! Who goes there."

I turned around slowly. "Wh... what?"

"I said, who goes there!" a point yelled. It was a gray-to-orange point with an orange three-pointed star on their face. They had a gray bandana, rolled-up pants, a shirt with a wrench printed on it, and boots. Uh oh... I don't think they look too happy.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" I scrambled away as fast as possible, only to slam into a wall. "Owie... my forehead," I said, vigorously rubbing it. Then, everything went black.

¯¯¯⌜later...⌟¯¯¯

I woke up in a room with a garage door and a lot of machinery lying around. Nearby, the gray-orange point from earlier was tinkering with something.

"Uhh.... Hello?"

"What. What do you want? Why are you here?" the point grumbled.

"I... someone told me to come here," I said, unsure of how to respond.

"Who told you to come here!? WHO SENT YOU!?" they yelled, turning around to face me. "WHO MADE YOU COME HERE? DID ONE OF THE OTHER POINTS SEND YOU HERE TO FINISH ME OFF!?"

"N-no! Why would I finish you off if I have no idea who you are?" I exclaimed nervously. "Please don't kill me!"

"Fine, I'll spare you. For now," the point said, turning around to tinker with the scrap metal again. "I'm Shallare by the way." "Oh, cool name," I commented. "I'm Player, nice to meetcha," I said, getting up and walking over to see what they were up to.

It looked like Shallare is trying to make a robot, I noted. "Where did I put the arm?" Shallare muttered. I glanced over and saw it was near a corner of the table they were working on. "Over there," I pointed. Shallare quickly grabbed it and attached it.

"Thanks a lot. Now, here's my symbol," they said as another orange 3-pointed popped up next to them.

"Uhh... what do I do with it?"

"Grab it, duh. I'll send you back to the emporium." I did as I was told, and soon enough, I was sent to the entrance.

"Hello there," Compale greeted. "Heya! Look, I got Shallare's symbol!" I said, holding it up in victory. "Congratulations. Now, onto the next one."

"Wait, I have to get more?" I asked. "Of course, how else will you unite them? They need a leader to believe in, and frankly, it can't be me. Now come on. Next stop is Signol."

«~~~~»

Chapter 1 is finished! I bet you weren't expecting Shallare to be hostile, being the second point you'd encounter in AF2, lol. But it's usually the first person in a level in an adventure game that's usually the nicest (at least in the series) and I wanted to change that up a little. Hope you enjoy! And yes, Signol is up next. S1GNOL, get ready for Signol's chapter haha.