Chapter Twelve: An Unfinished Draft

Yeah, that's the title lmao. Here, have fun.

«~~~~»

Ixol, Anshine, Ulipse, and Compale were locked in battle with Voixer. Compale launched icicles, Anshine hurled stars, Ulipse threw moon-merangs™️, and Ixol fired his Distortion Laser. Voixer continuously dodged them all. They were very, very pissed off.

"Do you really think you brats can stop me? Do you really think that two humans and four free points have the power to do so? If so, you forgot one thing: I have the Crown of Shadows, and I have harnessed its powers. Watch and learn."

Voixer disappeared into thin air. The four stopped attacking. "Voixer's gone," Anshine noted. I whirled around, to check on the others. No one was there, even though I was pretty sure they were there before. "The others, they're gone!" Ulipse turned around to see if they really have disappeared. "You're right-" Suddenly, all four points crumbled to the floor.

"GAH! What's happening?!" she cried out. "I don't know, but whatever it is it's most likely because of some hidden force," Anshine hissed. "Are you guys okay?!" I cried out. "D-do we look okay?!" Ixol retorted.

Voixer slowly reappeared, towering over the crumpling points. "Do you see what I mean, useless points? I can make you all fall, and I don't have to expend a lot of energy in the process," Voixer said. "Now hold still as I kill you four off." They drew out a sword of their own and trudged over to them.

"NO!" I let go of Verano, got up, and ran over to shield the four points. I raised my arms and put them out to the side. "Don't hurt them, please!" I begged. Behind me, Compale winced as he tried to get up. He, of course, failed. "Save yourself, Player. I shouldn't have gotten you involved in this mess," he muttered. "No, it's okay!" I countered. "If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have got to see Verano again! And I wouldn't have made so many friends!" Voixer laughed. "What a cowardly act. I suppose this will be the last thing you'll remember once you're gone."

"So be it," I hissed. Voixer slashed one of the swords at me, but I grabbed it before it could hit my torso. I ripped it out of their hand, blood slowly dripping out of my hand. I grabbed the handle with my other hand and drew the sword point downwards. "You know, I wonder why you don't want to live peacefully with these points and instead, incited a civil war? Sure, Cyalm might be invading your thoughts, but isn't there another way you can get rid of him? It's just a suggestion, really."

Behind me, Compale slowly got up. "Let me... handle this." I shook my head. "You're hurt badly. I can't let you get hurt any further." Compale sighed. "Don't get killed."

Ok, so first things first. Voixer's crown is what's giving him a power boost. So, if I remove it, it'll weaken him, and then I'll weaken him further. My plan is to not kill him off, so they can at least make up for what they did when they realize their wrongs. Sounds easy, right? Nope. I slashed my sword at Voixer, who blocked it with their own. We continued swiping our swords and blocking, clanging noises resounding every few seconds. I pushed my own sword down on Voixer's who was trying to block my hit with their sword, and it barely cut them.

"Give up! Death is much more merciful than having to live knowing your friends are dead as well!" Voixer shook off the sword and walked over to Verano. They placed one foot on them and pointed their sword at Verano's heart. "NO!" They brought their sword down, and I looked away. "No..."

While I wasn't looking some random guy came in, stopped the sword, and pushed Voixer off. So when I looked back, I saw Voixer on the floor, said random guy standing near them, and an alive yet still unconscious Verano. The person kneeled down, pulled them up into a sitting position, and shook them by the shoulders.

"Hey, wake up Verano," it said. As if on cue, Verano rubbed their eyes.

"Eh?" Verano took their hands off of their eyes and stared at the newcomer. They blinked for a few seconds, trying to comprehend what just happened. "STRATOSFEAR?! I THOUGHT I KILLED YOU?! WAIT, AM I HALLUCINATING?! OH MY LORD, IM SO SORRY PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT YOU! I WAS FORCED TO AGAINST MY OWN WILL. TRUST ME I WOULD NEVE-"

Stratosfear placed a hand on their shoulder startling Verano, who was interrupted mid-dialogue (for a lack of better words). "You're not hallucinating. You're alive and well. Don't worry about it." Xe flashed a genuine smile. "Oh, okay." Verano turned to me. "Hi Player, guess you're here too. Was it because I didn't take you here?" They were looking at me, waiting for a response. I could feel tears well up in my eyes. Verano was back. For real this time.

"Uh Player, are you okay?" they asked. "Y-yeah, but you don't look so great yourself," I noted. Verano chuckled. "Yeah, I missed you too. Anyway, what's going on right now?" "Some guy named Voixer is trying to kill us!" Ixol exclaimed. "And, I dunno if you know already, but they were using you as a puppet." Verano glanced towards Voixer, who was getting up. "Yeah, I uh, already knew that."

They tried getting up but yelped as they grabbed their leg and hugged it. "I don't think I'll be able to walk for the time being," they winced. Strat helped them up and put their arm around xis own shoulders. "Take it easy. We'll cover you." Xe helped them walk over to a nearby column, and gave Verano a pat on the head after they sat down.

Voixer also got up. "I was just getting started you brats. Now you shall taste my REAL power!"

«~~~~»

I can't believe I decided to let this sit in my drafts. Sorry guys, Broken Ties isn't back. Once again, I thank you for being on this journey with me. 

If you want to read a rewrite of this story that's also incomplete, here you go: https://toyhou.se/~literature/132777

I apologize once again for not being able to work on Broken Ties. Writing can be exhausting, and this started out as a fun idea to work with. I was also incredibly new to the world of writing, as my only experience with it was in school. 

The rewrite I linked was supposed to be a rework of the story, but ultimately I lost the motivation to do so.

I love Adventure Forward, and I love Broken Ties. But all good things must come to an end.

I'll be posting other writing stuff in the future, so be on the lookout for that, as well as on my Toyhouse page! You can find it at https://toyhou.se/Astral-Choconet