Chapter Three: Rockin' the Night

Compale and I walked up to the door with Shallare's symbol printed on it.

"How do I open this?" I asked. He chuckled. "Just step forward." I looked at him in confusion. "But wouldn't we walk straight into it?"

He just groaned. He started walking towards it, and much to my surprise, it opened up. I followed him onto the conveyor belt. Compale just looked down, and mumbled something. He started walking towards an open entrance. I had no choice but to follow him.

The room we entered was in the same, shabby condition as the last one. However, it had more striking features than the last one. The wallpaper was a fading blue instead of the dull gray that was in the last room. Thee was a huge pool that was filled with dirty water and trash and whatnot. Through smell alone I felt like I needed to barf. There was a bridge leading to a small platform, which had two more paths connected to it. One was a ramp leading to an entrance to another world, and another lead to something covered by a coffee colored cloth.

"Yikes," I muttered. Compale just kept staring on ahead. He went towards the coffee cloth and yanked it off. I couldn't see what it was, so I decided right then and there that I would go through the other entrance. After all, it did look familiar.

I made my way onto the platform and went up the ramp. I was right, it did look pretty familiar. It was a black circle, with a brown, wooden door towards the bottom, where the ramp ended. A sign was mounted above the door, with the words "Cavern Club" written on it in neon yellow paint. Another sigh was on the door, which read "CLOSED" on it in red paint. At least, I think it's red paint. I hope it's red paint.

"Hey Compale, should I go through this door?" I asked, turning towards where he was standing. He was nowhere to be found. Here was another portal. It had half of a huge blue-white snowflake, with a white portal at the bottom.  The words "Frosted Snowland" was written above it. I hope he's okay, I thought. I opened the door and went inside.

"I swear, I feel like I've been here before," I said out loud. There were a set of brown spiraling stairs in front of me. I walked up them, and turned to my right once I reached the top. A huge stage greeted me. In front of the stage, there were round tables and chairs strewn about. On the stage, there were two huge speakers, red curtains that were pulled back, and a point tuning her guitar.

Her skin started out as a really dark shade of gray, which slowly faded down to red. Her face was a magenta-colored oval. She was wearing a yellow crop top with a black music note printed onto it, a dark magenta sweater which was ripped at the parts where the sleeves were supposed to be, fishnet sleeves that began just below the elbows and ended at the wrists, jean shorts, and black boots with the anarchy symbol printed onto both of them.

It's Signol, I thought. She held many concerts for people, and it was really hard to get tickets.  I have to admit, she's a really cool musician and singer. For some reason, Verano managed to get their hands on a VIP pass every time, and has even dragged me along for the ride.

Verano... I miss them a lot. My dear friend has been gone for 7 years, and I don't even know why. I almost shed a tear when a voice interrupted me.

"Hey, you." Signol said. I looked up at her. She didn't seem pleased with my presence. "Yea?" I asked. "Didn't you read the sign on the doorway? The club's closed today, you're not supposed to be here." I started to get nervous. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to barge in! I can leave if you want me to," I said apologetically.

Much to my surprise, she chuckled. "It's alright, nobody's gonna rat ya out, especially not me. In fact, I'm even glad you stopped by!" "Oh," was my response. "Come on up, let's have a duet, shall we?"

I couldn't refuse her offer. I went up to the stage and up the stairs on the side, eventually approaching Signol. She tossed me a mic. "Why don't we sing one of my absolute favorite songs?" she suggested. "Yea, which one?" She smiled, went up to a dj booth I hadn't noticed before, and punched in a song. The it started playing.

"I was pulling out my hair
The day I got he deal
Chemically calm."

I recognized the song she was singing and grinned.

"Was I meant to feel happy
That my life was just about to change?"

"One life pretending to be
The cat who got the cream"

She and I continued singing Are You Satisfied by Marina and the Diamonds. In really glad to know that a celebrity and I share something in common.

¯¯¯⌜later...⌟¯¯¯

Once we've finished singing, I sat down cross legged on the floor and let out a sigh. I smiled. Signol sat right next to me. "That was a lot of fun!" she exclaimed. I nodded my head in agreement. "Certainly was."

"I haven't had this much fun in... years," she responded melancholy. "I feel like ever since jazz became less popular, I had to get my fans back somehow, so I took up rock. Some of the other points didn't like that, so then I was left all alone. Even though I got my audience back, it just doesn't feel the same..."

I just stared at her. I wasn't sure how to respond. Signol sniffed. "You're lucky. You have the Star Savior. You're practically best buds. I bet you miss them a lot." I nodded in dismay.

"To be honest, if you don't enjoy playing rock music, why don't you stop? Nobody's forcing you to play it. And only true friends stick with you to the very end!" I stood up, a determined look crossing my face. She looked up at me and smiled. "Yea, you're right." She got up as well.

"Wanna be friends?" she asked, sticking her hand out. "Sure," I said as I shook her hand. We broke the handshake, and in my hand was her symbol. "Take it as a token of my gratitude, Player." "Okay! Goodbye!"

I was teleported back to the platform in the Emporium. Next stop, Frosted Snowland. I hope Compale is there, I thought.

«~~~~»

And that's a wrap! I hope you enjoyed reading this remake! I hope to eventually remake some of the shorter chapters to give them more detail and story! And I also took out the fnf reference and replaced it with something better.  See you soon birbs!