Chapter 12

Sirius' POV

She hasn't even reacted to my change. Sometimes I just feel like it's not worth it, she doesn't like me either way. However, moony begs to differ. He says that she is considering me more, that she seems confused by me and therefore that I stick in her mind. That's a good thing, right? I hope so.
My mind is filled with these thoughts all the time, it can be very distracting. On this particular morning the thoughts are so loud that I have to excuse myself from the Great Hall just to sort them out. As I'm walking out of the hall and to the grounds in order to turn into padfoot, I accidentally crash into someone, sending them falling to the floor. I'm such an idiot.
"Oh I'm so sorry about that" it's Sophia. "Would you like some help up?" I finish trying to impress her a little bit.
"Oh uh no thank you, and it was my fault, don't worry." She awkwardly replies, isn't she just adorable? I help her up anyway, it's the gentlemanly thing to do. She turns a faint shade of pink... Aww her blush is so cute! And I was the reason behind it.
"Um thank you.." She mumbles quietly and then walks away very quickly. I begin to walk away but suddenly my face is flat against the cold floor. What the..? Quickly I look around, no one else is in the hallway. Thank Merlin. But there is a bag here. A beige, fraying messenger bag. Sophia's bag. Interesting.

And now my thoughts are even more jumbled up. No, I didn't look through her bag. I merely put the spilled contents of the bag back into the bag. Including a notebook, full of rants about different people. The ones (yes plural) about Marlene are by far the funniest. Then there are the rare rants about Remus where you can see how much she cares for the werewolf, but she doesn't know about his contrition. That is what infuriates her the most about him. She rants about a lot of people. But here is the most confusing thing about her rants; they rhyme. Weird, right?

I make my way slowly towards potions, both my bag and Sophia's bag slung over my shoulder. She's sleeping on the desk, or at least her head is resting on the desk and her eyes are closed. Sounds like sleeping to me. I'll wake her up so that she doesn't get in trouble. I also have to give her bag back and it is H. E. A. V. Y. What does she carry around in here - bricks? Gently I start poking her shoulder. She doesn't respond. I then start poking her a bit harder.
I have finally woken the beast from her slumber. It's probably best that I never tell her that I thought that...
"What?" Comes the grumpy reply.
"I have your bag."
"Thanks" she doesn't move her head. Oh Merlin.. What if she's ill? Or worse dying! What is wrong with her? Why isn't she full of life like usual. Oh Merlin. Stop overreacting Sirius.
"Are you okay?" I ask in a conceded voice, not giving away any of my worries.
"Tired."
"What time did you go to sleep?"
"Late." What's with the one word answers. She's grumpy this morning isn't she. Maybe she's PMSing.
"Did I do something to upset you?"
"No." She takes her head off of the desk and begins to get out my ingredients, I just watch her, not at all aware that the lesson has begun and Slughorn has written whatever we're making today on the board.
"What's with the one word answers then?"
"Nothing."
"That makes no sense"
"Shush."
"Why should I?"
"Working." Which this she emphasis' the cutting of the beetles. This conversation keeps going until she refuses to reply at all, which actually really annoys me. I'm being nothing but nice to her and she keeps ignoring me.
Finally Slughorn announces the end of the lesson and asks for flasks of our work and our essays, she gives hers in quickly and then rushes back to the desk and out of the door.
If only I knew how to win her heart. Why does she hate me so much? Wait, I already have a list of reasons. Stupid Sirius. I slowly drag my feet up to the common room. What can I do to make her like me? I could shower her with gifts, but then again she probably wouldn't like that. I could get the house elves to bring her her favourite food. But she probably wouldn't like that the house elves did it. And I don't even know what her favourite food is. If I found out what her favourite food is then I could always cook it for her... Hmmm that doesn't seem like too bad of an idea.
"Aliiiiiiiice!!" I call when I've entered the common room.
"Yeeeeeaah?" Is the shout I get in reply.
"Come downstairs!"
Some random 4th year rudely tells us to shut up.. And Alice just so happens to shout back 'ok' louder than she had done previously.
When the brunette finally got downstairs I practically pounced on her.
"Alice!! What's Sophia's favourite food? Please tell me. I'll love you forever and ever!" I ramble.
"Aww looks like little Sirius has a crush on Sophia" ah shit. She didn't know about that, did she? "Her favourite food is Spaghetti Carbonara," at my confused look she continued, "and I'll teach you how to cook it, or cook it with you for her?"
"Thank you Alice!! You're amazing! Saturday at around 12 can you meet me by the kitchens to help me?"
"Yeah sure, see ya then." Alice replies with a wave before leaving for her dormitory.
Yes. Sophia's going to be so impressed.
And what in the name of Merlin's left sock is a spaghetti carbonara?