Chapter 14

My reply comes in the post the next day;

Dear Sophia,
You must remember to write more darling, your aunt and I miss you lots while you're at school! Of course you can stay at Lily's during the holidays. However we want to see you for Christmas dinner at home - feel free to invite Lily's family over for dinner also if you want. Speaking of which, they have invited you, right? You better not have invited yourself.
Lots of love,
Mum (and Aunt Poppy) xxx

"Hey Lily, mum said I could come round over the holidays... Are you sure that your parents are ok with it?" I tell Lily after reading over my letter.

"Yeah, I sometimes think that they like you more than me!" She jokes.

"Oh I wonder why..." She slaps my arm, "and mum said that I have to go home at least for Christmas dinner but that you and your family are welcome to come too."

"Ah awesome.. My mum'll love that. Anything to get out of cooking!" We both laugh and continue to eat our bacon.

Just then a beautiful grey owl with black markings swoops into the great hall, dropping fancy looking letters in front of several people, including James, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Noah Terry (a Hufflepuff), Susan Coleman (a Ravenclaw, Thomas Taylor (a Ravenclaw), Lily and I. Both Lily and I look at each other then turn to the fancy cursive.

Dear Sophia Callista,
We hope that you will be able to join us for the Potter's annual New Years Ball.
It will take place from 10pm to 2am, 31st December at Potter Manor.
This invitation will act as a portkey which will activate at 10pm 31st December.
Please send your reply as soon as possible.

Charles and Dorea Potter.

"Wow" Lily breaths.

"We should go!" I exclaim quickly. "Please Lily."

"I guess it would be fun..." She trails off, trying to act not not excited but I know her too well to believe that.

"Yay! I've never been to a ball!" I say excitedly.

"Neither have I! This is going to be so much fun." She dropped her act quickly and we both made a mental note to write a reply later.

"Now off to lessons! We shall discuss this later!" I declare before we both make our way to charms.