Chapter 9

Incredulous stares. That's all I get wherever I go and it's freaking annoying. I mean, of course I'm used to the attention but really? Sirius black opened a door. Oh my gosh what happened? He's doing his homework? I need to go see this myself! No way.. He hasn't pranked anyone in a month... Are you sure? Urgh! It's not even like what I'm doing is worth the attention. Wow. That's the first time I've ever said that.
On the plus side though - Sophia has defiantly noticed. Not that she has uttered a single word to me, but now I often catch her staring at me as if figuring out what I could possibly gain from this. Doesn't she know that I'm a lovely person?
Speaking of the devil (or angel in this case), here comes Sophia. She suddenly looks my way and (in a very moony-esque manner) I dart my eyes away, making it look to her like I didn't want to be caught staring at her. Girls love that. I think. I slowly lift my eyes back up to her, only to see that she's still staring at me. This is working perfectly. I drop my eyes again and 'awkwardly' shift my position before walking out of the common rooms and up to the boys dorms.
As I enter our dorm room I see moony looking at me smugly.
"How's it going padfoot? Does she like you yet?"

Sophia's POV

"Oh. My. Gosh. Did you guys hear?"
Don't get me wrong, Marlene is one of my best friends and I love her.. But sometimes I want to stab her. She's a huge gossip and therefore I have to know everything that goes on in the castle.
"No, what happened?" Asks Alice, genuinely trying to care. That girl is too sweet.
"Sirius Black-" urgh not this again. "Has changed!" Doesn't he 'change' for every girl he dates though? "He has been polite and kind-" as if. "And he even carried a first year's books all the way back to the hufflepuff common room for her." Marlene swoons, making me want to gag. Honestly there are so many nice guys who like her - why does she have to be obsessed with the player Sirius Black?
"Oh wow.. That-" Mary pauses to try and find the right words to say, "doesn't sound like him at all." She finishes honestly.
I try to hold in my laughter at the whole situation but I end up snorting instead.
"Sophia are you okay?" Asks lily worriedly.
"I'm fine.. It's just.. Well.. Don't you think it might just be another angle for him to play? To get the few girls that don't go for his bad-boy image.." I trail off awkwardly, not sure how Marlene will react. She's known for being a bit of a drama queen.
"I guess it could be possible.. But he hasn't hooked up with anyone in a whole week!" Marlene exclaims the last part.
"Oh let's just saint him now." Lily mutters sarcastically, luckily Marlene doesn't hear as she's too busy daydreaming about Black. The rest of us, however, are laughing our butts off.

For the next month he keeps up the whole 'I'm a good guy' act, meaning that I get to have an earful about his good deeds every day (sometimes more than once per day) from Marlene.
Weirdly enough, he actually hasn't hooked up with anyone for a month.. I know that to most people that doesn't really say much.. But it's a new record for Black.
Anyway, I'm not sure why I'm thinking about him so much... I should be doing my transfiguration homework. Urgh an essay on the correct spell and hand motion to turn any still object into a living/moving object and how it differs per size. Fun.
After an hour of slowly having the life drained out of me, I finally finish. Refraining from doing a happy dance, I think I may get kicked out of the library if I do so, I pack up my bag and leave quickly. Freedom!
As I begin the long trek back to the gryffindor common room I take a detour to the kitchens and grab a snack for the girls and I. Since we charmed a video player to work inside hogwarts, we usually spend Friday evenings watching a video (usually Lily's or mine because the others are pureblood, therefore they don't own videos).
"Mistress Sophia, what can misty get you today?" I am greeted by my favourite of the small creatures when I enter the kitchens.
"Hey misty, please could I have some ice cream for the girls and I with 5 bowls and spoons please? Oh and some chocolate toppings in another bowl please misty." I ask, thinking about what movie we would choose tonight.
"I'll be right back mistress Sophia." She squeaks before running away with about 3 other elves to get my food, sometimes I feel so sad for them but they do love what they do. It's such a moral dilemma.
Soon they reply with my ice cream (which I conveniently shrink down to fit in my pocket and put a freezing charm on to keep it cool).
"Thank you very much misty and everyone else, and have a lovely day."
"You too mistress Sophia." The elves chorus. I chuckle quietly before leaving the kitchens and making my way back to the common room.
"Phoenix" I mutter to the fat lady when I arrive at the portrait hole, she swings forwards granting me access to the common room. As I step inside I cast my gaze around the room, looking at all of the students inside the common room. Soon my gaze lands on the infamous Sirius Black. Who is already staring at me. What the hell is happening? His quickly shifts his eyes down, leaving me puzzled. Something just happened, but in so unsure of what it was. He looks up and I'm still staring at him. Awkward. Before I can even process the fact that I need to look away, he does. Then he awkwardly makes his way up to his dorm room.
As if in a trance, I make my way up to my dorm room.
"Sooooooooophia she's doing my head in!" Lily screams as soon as I enter the room.
"Oh" I mutter.
"You alright?" Mary asks concerned.
"Yeah"
"What's wrong Sophia?" Lily asks.
"Black... Confused." I mutter.
Lifting my eyes up I am greeted with the sight of four curious and worried roommates wondering what Black has done to confuse me so much.