Chapter 4

I watched the leggy blonde as she made her way over to the other girls in Gryffindor. I took in every detail, from head to toe. Her blonde hair was unlike most of the girl's hair here, instead of applying every single beauty product possible to her hair she wore it natural, that showed. Her hair was wavy, border-line curly, falling just past her shoulder blades. Her skin was pale, but not ivory toned. I wonder what my olive skin would look like touching her pale skin. Her eyes were a beautiful green, not emerald like Lily's. A mossy like colour, enchanting though. Light freckle covered her nose not quite reaching her cheeks. Her cheeks were stained with a light blush, probably from the biting cold of the corridors, in contrast to the warming heat that radiates from the great hall and the common rooms (the Gryffindor one at least). Her lips were a plush pink, not too full but full enough. They were perfect for kissing. I could see her white teeth in contrast to the colour of her lips. As she reached Lily and her group of friends a thought ran through my head.

what if she is the mgwhm?

no. she couldn't be.

could she?

Well lets think about it. The mgwhm is a Gryffindor girl, friends with Lily.

Check.

The mgwhm is invisible.

The first time I noticed her was today, so check.

The mgwhm acts like a fool around me... I wouldn't know. I wish I payed attention sometimes.

"Mr Black, are you paying attention?" I hear the booming voice of professor Slughorn.

"Partially." I reply automatically, hearing laughter echo around me. One laugh in particular catches my attention. It was a sweet, soft laugh. It sounded as if a fairy were laughing, the sound echoing around the room (or my head, I'm not sure which) long after the person had stopped laughing. I turned my head toward the sound to find Mary and her partner looking in my direction. On closer inspection I realise that her partner is the beautiful blonde from breakfast. When my eyes catch hers she turns back to her potion. Is she a faint shade of pink? Or is that just my arrogance assuming so?

Wait.

Did I just call myself arrogant?

I am not arrogant.

Who cares what the mgwhm thinks, I am not.

...

...

...

...

...

...

NO I AM NOT. STOP THINKING THAT.

Whatever.

Either way the girl turned away, and I couldn't stop staring at her. She shifted uncomfortably and I realised that she could probably feel my gaze, so I dropped it and returned to my potion.

"Hey Prongs, what are we doing again?"

"Well I am making a cheering potion but I believe you are staring at miss Sophia Callista" he replied not even lifting his eyes up from the potion.

Sophia.

What a lovely name.

Wait. When did I turn mushy.

I am not mushy.

It is a nice name but that doesn't matter. Who cares. It's only a name.