Chapter 18

The marauders are surrounding us a lot more this term, probably due to the fact that LILY AND JAMES ARE OFFICIALLY DATING. I may be a tad excited.
But aside from the excitement it's gross. PDA everywhere. Talking of which.
"Really guys? At the table?" Sirius shouts out as he enters the great hall, only to see lily and James kiss. Now the rest of the great hall looks, making lily turn a deep shade of red and James wear another cocky grin.
Sirius makes his way over to us and sits next to me. Oh what I do for you lily.
"Maybe we should be like them.." Sirius suggests, whispering in my ear. I ignore him.
"Look I'm sorry for kissing you but you have to admit that you liked it." His same cocky mannerisms are back. Joy.
"Whether I would have liked it had I consented to it is a whole different story, Black." He seemed to think for a moment.
"May I kiss you?" He asked slowly.
"No."
"Why not?"
"I don't want to kiss you."

'Was this the end of the conversation?' You may ask. No. No it wasn't. He continued to ask me throughout the day.
While standing outside of potions:
"May I kiss you now?"
"No."
Walking to transfigurations:
"How about now?"
"Nope."
Sitting in the common room:
"And now?"
"Nuh uh."
Walking to the great hall:
"You've gotta say yes now, right?"
"Wrong."
Sitting in the great hall:
"Really?"
"Really."
Back in the common room:
"Please may I kiss you?"
"Will you stop bugging me about it?"
"Yes."
"Then yes."
I regret it immediately after saying it. What if I develop feelings again? What if he decides he doesn't like me after this? What if people see and take it the wrong way? What if he's a bad kisser?
My thoughts are cut off by his warm lips pressing to mine.
.
.
.
.
How is it that even when one is aware of the existence of magic, one can still be shocked feeling its presence?
There are no fireworks.
There is no music.
There are no sparks.
Just pure magic.
After too short a while he pulls away, leaving me with just my thoughts to try and figure out what just happened.
My eyes meet his eyes, the stormy grey seems to be just a shade lighter. I cannot see the usual glint of mischief, something else is blocking it.
A smile graces his features. Not a smirk, a smile. It makes him look more handsome than I could ever imagine. His whole face lights up with the joy of his smile. And I find myself blushing.
He keeps his face close to mine, his hand on my cheek.
"I think I'm in love with you." He whispers.
I pull away slightly, surprised.
"Please Sophia. You don't have to be in love with me, but please give me a chance?"
"Okay"
The magic has returned, filling up my entire being.