Chapter 7| Powers

❆ I C E B E R G

The noises, the sounds, the pictures, the colors, everything scared him. Seeing Tony Starks grave over and over again was truly painful. He's been having the same nightmare for 2 months and he couldn't handle it anymore. He stopped sleeping for 3 days when he first started recieving them being to scared to even shut his eyes and doze off for a minute. He didnt tell aunt May about his nightmares because he didn't want to worry her but she knew he wasn't sleeping and she hated that he was lying to her. Everytime like tonight, half way threw the dream he couldn't watch it anymore and he'd bolt up from his nightmare and he would be drenched in sweat.

That night Peter got up from his bed, put a hoodie on that was overly large and stepped out onto his little balcony that connected to his bedroom window.

He just watched the stars and enjoyed the quiet New York. It was about 4 am and the whole city had gone to sleep, except for its crime fighting spider.

He socked in the early morning breeze and stayed there for hours until his eyes couldn't stay open anymore and he fell asleep on the balcony.

"Peter,", a whisper called out. He felt a light slap on his cheek.

He remained asleep and shrugged it off hoping it would go away and leave him be. "Peter Parker," again another whisper but this time the slap was rougher.

Peter turned face his front against the metal balcony. "Pete!" It didn't take long for Peter to finally wake up because the slapper had smacked him out of his sleep.

Peter rubbed his eyes and stood up. "Where-where am I?", he asked noticing he wasn't in his bedroom.

"Peter you slept on your balcony", the voice said who could he only assume it was his lovely aunt.

"Oh, my bad." He yawned and pardoned himself so he could enter his room and he immediately flopped onto his bed and closed his eyes trying to win back some if his sleep.

May sat on the edge of his bed and patted his calf. "Peter I know somethings wrong with you and it scares me you won't tell me whats bothering you." The sound of Mays shakey voice made Peter sit up and listen to her intensively.

The last thing Peter ever wanted was to scare aunt May and trouble her which meant he had to hide a lot of things from her and it was eating him up inside. They haven't even discussed Tony's death and that was holding Peter back in the past.

Peter sighed and reached for her hands. "May, its not a big deal. I'm trying to solve this problem so you don't need to worry." He wiped a tear that fell from her face.

"I just want you to be alright Pete, you're my everything." Peter smiled and brought her hands towards his lips. 

"I promise this will all be over soon." Aunt May made a small nod and she got up from her bed.

"I'll leave you to sleep for another two hours but then you have to go and see Juliette alright? It's already 10 p.m." He waved bye to her and watched her close his door before he grabbed a pillow and cuddled it to sleep.

The gentle shaking woke the brunette. He looked at may then at the clock bedside his table,and she didn't lie, it was exactly 2 hours later. She left him to get changed which he did in a comfy outfit and took the bus to visit Jules.

When he arrived Juliette was in a big glass indestructible tube standing awkwardly as she waited to be given instructions, whilst a bunch of people and Pepper, watched her carefully.

Juliette noticed her friend and immediately started waving very quickly. "Wow her heart rate just went way up", a doctor announced.

Juliette giggled,Peter rubbed his neck in a nervous manner, and Pepper turned around chuckling to go and say hi to Peter.