Chapter 6| Apologies

I C E B E R G

"So you are sure he wasn't dead?", Pepper asked Peter with her eyes scrunched.

He looked at her dumbfounded.

"Yes I'm sure, what kind of a question is that!", his voice squeaked.

"Well you did say you thought he was dead at first..."

Peter was left speechless and Pepper grinned knowing she has won.

They were currently in the meeting room discussing about what had happened the night before.

"I still dont believe you."

"Why not!", Peter asked.

"Because even if you were caught in a trap you would've still had the Van's location."

Peter looked at Pepper with sorrow. Did she too think he was just a kid that couldn't be responsible and serious.

He didnt want to show her that he wasn't just a kid because hes already proven himself multiple times.

He sighed.

"I honestly don't know what happened but you can't think I'm a stupid little kid."

"Peter I don't-", she was cut off bye a robotic feminine voice

"Peter, I can play the events of last night on the self recording I gained from the park."

Pepper asked her to show the video while she turned off the lights.

It displayed everything Peter saw from the first glance he had of the man and the superhero, to the part where he threw him in the van and took off.

Peter gave her the look that said 'I told you so' and started to walk out of the room hurt.

"Peter wait!", she called out and that made him stop moving.

"Number 1, I'm sorry I didn't believe in you and I should've known that you wouldn't make something as serious as this up."

Peter smiled and began to turn around but Pepper held his shoulders firmly.

"And I don't think you're a pathetic kid. You've really outdone yourself since-", her breath hitched as his name started to roll of her tongue.

Peter pulled her into a hug that stated that it was okay to not be fully adjusted to bringing him up.

They let go of eachother and Pepper wiped her eyes.

"I think you should go and see Jessica she would be happy to see you", she sniffled.

"She'd be ecstatic", he said under his breath.

"Pardon me?"

"Oh I said I should totally go since she'd be so ecstatic to see me!", he lied.

Pepper smiled and let him leave.

The girl huddled in her blanket counting the marks on the wall and heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in!", she replied to the knock.

Peter popped his head threw the door and Jess answered by facing away from him.

Peter sighed and closed the door then walked slowly towards her.

"Jess I'm really sorry about the other time I visited. It wasn't my attention to hurt you so I'm sorry if I really did."

Jessica turned her head and scoffed at herself.