Chapter 8| Carnival

❆ I C E B E R G

"May does this match with this?", Peter asked his aunt while holding a pair of pants and a sweatshirt in his hands.

"Sweetie, Green and orange don't go together."

Peter huffed and stomped back into his room. Why was it so hard to pick out an outfit? Was he going to meet the queen or something? Oh wait thats right, today him and Juliette are going to the fair together. Wonder why its such a big deal to him?

Peter slumped onto his bed and heard his aunts footsteps coming his way. "Peter i'll pick out an outfit for you." She romaged around his closet making stuff fly across the room in the middle of it.

"Huh. I think I've got the outfit for your date!" Peter sighed. "Thanks aunt May but its not a date." She placed the clothes neatly on his bed. She placed a black loose shirt with a flannel and denim jeans.

"Thank you May! You helped me a lot", Peter thanked his aunt. "Oh no worries, I love helping my nephew!" She kissed his forehead and walked out of his room to try to make an apple pie. Even though May had many strengths, Peter had to admit that cooking was not one of them.

Peter picked up his phone and called Juliette. After a few rings she answered. "Hey Peter, whats up?", her small voice asked. "Oh I-I wanted to know when you wanted to go to the fair." Juliette looked at her clock. "Well it is 4:30 at the moment so we can go at 5:00!" "Sounds great, but I um don't have a car.." Juliette chuckled threw the phone. "Thats fine Pete, happy will pick you up, can't wait see you!"

She hung up the call and Peter froze. She called me Pete. Juliette Frost called me Pete. His palms started to become clammy and his legs felt like jelly. His thoughts were all over the place and he couldn't understand why she gave him that nickname but all he knew was that he liked it. The only thing that cut him off from his major thought explosion was Aunt May's pots' slamming against the floor. "Sorry!", she shouted from the kitchen.

Peter had been laying on his bed and watching his fan go around and around for thirty minutes straight waiting for it to be 5:00. He wanted so badly to go to the fair since its his favourite place on earth and he was extra excited because he was taking Juliette. It was Juliette's chance to finally see New York aside from her window.

When the clock hit 5, Peter grabbed all his things, said bye to May, and ran outside. He stood outside his building waiting for Happy to come and pick him up. Peter looked at his watch, 10 minutes had passed. They must be running late he thought. 20 minutes had passed. They got caught in traffic he told himself. After 28 minutes, he was going to head back inside but he saw a black Mercedes pull over. He entered the car and gave a sad look to Juliette.

"I am so so sorry Peter! I was watching a movie with Pepper and I lost track of time please forgive me." Peter shrugs. "The universe really doesn't want us going to the fair." Juliette sends a soft smile his way but looks down since she still feels bad for running late.

Peter sighs. "Jules don't worry. Its not a big deal, I'm just happy we are going." Juliette looks up and rubs Peter's arm. "Thank you Pete, you're a really understanding person." Pete. There goes that word again. Everytime she calls him that he blushes. Her rubbing his arm wasn't helping either.

As soon as they arrived Juliette pulled Peter towards the ticket line in a hurry. When they got their tickets they went to the first ride they saw. "Whats this ride?",Juliette asks Peter. "So basically the boat swings back and forth and you have to try and stand still or not barf."

Juliette chuckled. "Thank god we didn't eat before we got in line." The pair walked into the boat when they reached the end of the line and held onto the boat.

The first few swings were okay, but then the instructor made it go faster. At this point Juliette started to be afraid and held onto the side of the boat with her life. Someone from her right banged into her causing Juliette to loose her balance but since she has a spidey sense friend, he caught her.

"Are you alright?", Peter asked while holding them still so they wouldn't both fall. "Yes I guess but its hard to stand still." "Here." He grabbed her hand to steady her as she grabbed the side of the boat with her left hand. The two just stood there perfectly still enjoying the feeling of holding hands.

The ride was soon over and Peter and Jules were still holding hands. Peter realised this and pulled his hand back. Both of them sighed because they liked the feeling. They spent the rest of the day going on rides, eating, winning games, until they had one hour left.

"Peter do you want to go on the ferris wheel?" Peter smiled. "Sure let's go." With a nod from her they walked towards the line and waited until their turn. When the small medal box stopped a family came out and the pair made their way inside.

"You know I remember being afraid of heights but I can't remember why." Peter switched his attention to her other than the beautiful sunset shining from the window. "Are you still afraid?", Peter asked.

Jules sighed. "No." "I'm not afraid anymore because I don't think I could ever be scared of anything ever again." Peter's eyebrows scrunched in confusion. "I-I don't understand", he stuttered out.

"I lost myself. What can be more scarier than that." Peter looked at his hand with a saddened expression. "Juliette you should have hope that you'll get your memories back."

Juliette smiled slightly. Hope was a funny meaning to her. She wasn't sure if she always did, but she was sure that currently, hope was something stupid and useless. She thought hope shouldn't even be a thing. It just makes you believe then crushes you more at the end. Sometimes, you can never recover.

"I don't believe in hope." Peter cracked his knuckles and thought for a few seconds. He looked up at her and gave her a warm smile. "Then I'll have hope for you." Juliette smiled and moved to sit next to Peter as they both watched the sunset.

When the ride was over, Peter bought both of them cotton candy and they proceeded to head home together while discussing to happy about how terrible Peter was at the mini games.

When they arrived at Peter's apartment building, Peter got out of the car and held a gaze to Juliette. "I had so much fun today Jules I can't wait to do it again." "Same here Pete. I'll see you soon alright." Peter's heart beat quickened. "Bye." With that being said, happy pressed on the gas and Peter stayed outside, watching the car drive off until he couldn't see it anymore.

He walked inside his apartment and greeted his aunt. "Hi Peter, how was your date?" Peter scuffed playfully. "It wasn't a date", he responded whilst walking to his bedroom. May followed him, not being done with her questions. She held her weight on the door frame and gave him a smirk. "How did it gooooooo?", she asked again. Peter laid on his bed and placed a pillow on top of his head and groaned. "Peter Benjamin Parker." Peter sat up hastily and threw his pillow off his face in annoyance. "Well. It went well May." Satisfied with his answer, she strolled to the living room leaving Peter alone with his thoughts.

~~~

I really liked this chapter and I love how Juliette is opening up to Peter but he needs to be ready to open up to her as well.

-Jenna