Chapter 9| Vanished

❆ I C E B E R G

Peter sat in his old rustic seat impatiently as he waited for the small hand to strike 9. He'd been sitting in art class listening to Ned talk about how he thought milk should go in before the cereal for an hour and a half. News flash, Peter wasn't interested in what Ned had to say.

Peter planned on meeting Jules after school because she called him early this morning indicating that she had something to share with him. The tone of her voice said she meant business and Peter was eager to find out what she so badly needed to tell him.

"So and that is my 25th reason why milk should go before the cereal." Ned glanced at Peter with an annoyed face. "Were you not listening at all?" Peter stood still eyes glued to the clock. Ned frustrated, slammed his book on the table earning a jump from everyone, including Peter.

"What the heck man!", Peter squeaked as he placed his hand on his heart. "Well I was talking to you but you were so busy staring at the wall to listen to me", he huffed out. "Sorry Ned it's just I want class to be over." "Doesn't everyone?" "Well ya, but I'm meeting Juliette after." "Juliette your gir-", Ned was cut off by a very tall friend.

"Hey losers", Mj said. "Oh hey Mj." Ned shared a smile and a wave. Peter just watched Mj take a seat in front of them. It had been a long time since he had seen her and his heart began to beat faster. He still has a crush on her and hopefully it wasn't obvious.

"Uh h-hey Mj", Peter stuttered out. "Hey Peter, I just came here to now if you had my book on how guillotines work." Peter gave her a confused look. He wasn't sure why she was asking them this since they haven't hung out with eachother in a long time. "Um sorry to ask, but why would I have your book?" Mj gave him a dumbfounded look. "Peter,we used to exchange books, I used to come over to read with you, does that ring a bell?" Peter had forgotten about that and just rubbed his neck awkwardly. "Uh yes I-I'm sorry I forgot, I'll check when I get home." Mj stood from her seat and nodded towards Ned then began to walk away. "Well that was interesting."

After school, Peter rushed to the subway and headed to see Juliette. When he got there he was greeted by her butler and was escorted to her bedroom. He knocked on her door and she pulled him in in a flash. She dragged him to her bed and pushed him on it. "Woah woah I'm not ready for this!", he shouted while looking up at her in fear. "What are you talking about- anyways I have important news." She grabbed a chair and sat down across from him.

"Yes I know, that's what I was told." She glared at him but the proceeded. "I've decided that I want to attend high school, preferably yours." Peters mouth opened. He never thought someone who has the chance to not go to school would want to. "Are you sure about this?" "Yes of course I'll even be in all your classes!" Juliette held a big smile.
She was 100% sure that she wanted to go to school with Peter and try to be a normal kid. "Is Pepper okay with this?", he asked her. "She was hesitant at first but she came around."

Peter smiled. "That sounds like a great idea Jules!" Peter stopped and thought for a moment. "What if we don't have the same classes?" Juliette giggled. "That won't be a problem since Pepper put me in all your classes." Peter chuckled. "Well hopefully you won't get tired of me." "Never", she replied instantly. Peter sat stunned. She was being very direct and Peter enjoyed that.

"So I suppose I should go", he said while getting up and fixing his pants. "Are you sure? We could make you some dinner?", she stated and looking dissapointed because he was leaving so soon. "No thx. May is making roast for tonight." Juliette nodded and walked him to the front door. "See you at school?" Juliette chuckled and nodded and watched as he took the bus home.

A few hours later...

Peter had just put on his suit and was preparing to swing out of his window to do his daily patrol but he was interrupted by his aunt. "Peter, friends is playing on-", she stopped when she saw the familiar red and blue suit on her nephew. "Oh I didn't know you were leaving." Peter stood there quietly. He knew she didn't enjoy him risking his life and she preferred to not notice when he'd leave the house to do that. "Well I guess you won't be watching with me tonight." She gave a small smile and closed his door on her way out. Peter sighed but still decided to commit.

He swung his way across New York by a web and landed on a building. "Karen activate hawk mode." She did as she was told and now he could see very far. "Any new information on the fire guy?", Peter asked her. "Not at the moment. I have no trace of the vehicle,location, or man. It's as if he disappeared." Peter sighed. It didn't make any sense how he could just vanish like that. There was something he was missing and it was bugging him. "Should I contact Nick Fury for his help?" That scared Peter. "No-no of-f course not! I'm perfectly able to handle this on my own!", Peter ranted out. "Sorry Peter, I didn't mean to offend you." Peter removed his mask and played with his hair. "No you didn't offend me, I just don't want any help." With that, he placed his mask on top of his head, and swung back to his apartment building.

~~~

So I decided to change Jessica's name to Juliette because Jessica is commonly used for superheroes in a bunch of spider-man fanfiction so I decided to change it to Juliette. Sorry for the confusion but I'm so excited for summer break to start in 4 days!

-Jenna