Chapter 11| Project

I C E B E R G

"I will not do it."

"Come on Julie, do it for me."

"I said no."

"Please, i-i'll pay you 5 bucks."

"Peter did you forget I'm rich?"

"Come on, it would really mean a lot to me", he said while giving her the puppy dog eyes.

Juliette huffed then smacked his head. "You're so annoying you know."

Ned sighed. "I know right", he mumbled while looking at his phone and leaning back into his chair.

Peter gave Ned a look and hugged Juliette which took her by surprise. "Thanks Juliette, means a lot", he said excitedly after he let her go.

"You owe me", she said while pointing a finger at him.

"Of course."

The bell rang and Peter and Ned stood up to leave for class. But after a few steps they noticed Juliette wasn't following them.

Peter walked back to her and she was still sitting down. "Are you coming?", he asked her. "Oh ya, I just need to throw my stuff out go without me." Peter pouted but didn't want to be late to class so he rejoined Ned and left Juliette behind. Juliette stayed still looking at her phone annoyed. Peter's favor was to be nice to Mj so that they could work on their project and become friends but after their last encounter, Julie wanted to stay far away from her. But, she didn't want to dissapoint Parker.

In biology, Juliette was stressing about talking to Mj again. She wasn't sure how she'd react, would she be rude again,would she yell, kick, maybe even cry? Juliettes mind was all over the place so when the teacher called on her she wasn't prepared. See, Juliette got into school because of her guardian being Pepper Potts, she didn't actually know any of this because of her forgetting. So when her teacher called on her to answer a question she was confused.

"Ah Frost, whats the answer to question 8?", the teacher asked as she pointed her pencil to the question on the board. Juliette hesitated. She didn't know anything about biology. She looked at Peter but what ever he was mouthing to her she couldn't understand. Her powers didn't involve lip reading. "I have no idea Miss", Juliette answered thinking the teacher would leave her off the hook. "Well try again Juliette." Juliette gave her teacher a bad look. She didn't understand what the teacher didn't understand. She didn't know the answer. What's so hard to get? "Miss I said I didn't know the answer." Juliette put her head down but once again her teacher called on her. "Come on Sweetie it's not a hard question." Juliette raised her gaze slowly clearly irritated and her hands started to tingle with chills, real chills.

Peter was watching the whole scene from next to her and when he looked at her face he knew something was wrong. He felt his sit get awfully cold and jumped up. "Is something wrong Peter?", the teacher asked concerned. "Um no I just thought something touched me." He slowly sat down and watched Julie's hands. They were starting to turn light blue and mist was coming from them.

Peter scared, grabbed her hand to calm her down. Juliette turned to them and looked at Peter confused. "Uh Pete, why are you holding my hand." She smiled awkwardly. "You're powers were coming out you almost turned my seat into an icicle!", he whisper yelled. Juliettes eyebrows scrunched. She didn't feel herself using her powers, it was strange. Peter let go her hand and wiped the mist that had turned into water from his chair.

After a few minutes the teacher allowed the kids to join their partners to continue working on their project. Juliette hearing this, growled in her crossed arms and glared at Peter. Peter gave her a thumbs up but she just rolled her eyes and started to walk to Mj. "Look if you're going to be all grouchy like last time, I won't hesitate to make a pie to throw at your face", Juliette said with venom in her voice. Mj chuckled and turned to face Julie. "Juliette don't get me wrong, but maybe I acted like that the other day because I was going threw things which I don't think you can relate to." Juliette scuffed. She was going threw things? The girl had been suffocated by an avalanche, lost her family and all her memories. How could she not relate.

"What makes you say that?" "You live with Pepper Potts and you're a millionaire." Juliette scrunched her eyebrows in confusion how did Mj knows about all this. "You don't know anything about my personal life huh? If you think your life is so bad you have another thing coming for ya." Mj shook her head. As much as she disliked her, she didn't want to fight with Juliette. "It doesn't matter, I want a good grade so we will have to cooperate." Juliette nodded her head as she gave up. She still didn't like Mj but she did want a good grade. "So since we obviously won't finish right now, Come over to my house tomorrow so we can work on the project." Juliette nodded before the bell rang and she quickly walked over to Peter and Ned.

"Did it go well for you two?", Peter asked her as the three of them walked out of class. Juliette opened her mouth to speak but Ned cut her off. "Is that a real question, we heard them screaming remember?" Peter closed his eyes and sighed. Ned had realised what he said and his hand flew to his mouth. "It's okay Ned, we decided to put aside our differences and focus on the task at hand-" "The project?" "-No, not killing eachother."

After school, Peter took the subway home and met May in the living room. "Hey May!" "Hey Peter." Peter smiled at her as he made his way to his room but before he could close the door Aunt May stopped him. "Peter Come over here", May asked him while waving him over. Peter put down his bag and sat next to her on the couch. "What's up?" "I want you to invite Juliette over for dinner!" Peter's eyebrows twitched up and he scratched his neck unsure of what to say. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" He wasn't sure if it was a good idea of Aunt May knowing Julie wasn't a regular girl. "Oh you're right! My cooking sucks. We should go out instead!" "May-" May stood up pushing Peter to his room. "Now go on and ask her to join us for dinner."

Giving up, he slid into his bed whilst grabbing his phone. "Hey Peter." "Uh hey Julie." Peter was nervous about asking her. He wasn't sure if she would say yes or no or if this idea was weird for her. "Peter you better not be calling me for a late night booty call." Peter's cheeks flushed and his eyes grew in horror. "N-no of c-course not!", he struggled to say. Juliette chuckled. "Relax Pete I'm pulling your leg." Peter smiled. "So the real reason I'm calling you is because, May wanted to know if you'd eat out with us?" Juliette grinned. "When?", she asked. "Tonight at 6:00." "I'd love to go thanks Peter." "Okay, I'll see you then." "Bye!" Peter hung up. He was excited. He didnt think she'd say yes and now that she did he totally forgotten why he was uneasy about this dinner in the first place.

~~~

Well I should really post more! But I only write at night because it's quiet but I never finish cause I get sleepy. My bad.

-Jenna