Chapter 4| Greetings

❆ ICEBERG ❆      

Peter had stepped out of the vehicle and walked up to the room he had to attend to.
Peter had gazed around the building as he walked. It had been so long since he Came here that he had forgotten what it looked like. Once he got to the meeting room, he saw Pepper talking to a worker at her seat.

Since his presence wasn't clear to them, he coughed which caught both of their attentions and the worker had hurried out of the room as Pepper walked up to Peter.
"Hello Peter, how have you been?",she asked him nicely after hugging him. "I've been better", he responded with a small smile.

"Well I brought you here because I have an important assignment that I'm going to assign you and I need to show you something." With that, Peter already started to shrug her off. He knew she'd offer him something big but Peter wasn't sure if he was ready to battle yet.

"I know what you're going to say, but you have to know that the world still needs you Peter and you need to step up." Peter knew what she was referring to and he just gave her a soft look. "Look I wish I could tell you I was 100% ready but I need some time to think about it." She nodded her head and accepted his decision.

Peter was about to walk away but stopped when Pepper held his arm. "I still have to show you something." Peter narrowed his eyes in curiosity. She began to walk towards the elevator and pressed the down button.

Peter sent Pepper a puzzled look. "How is there a down button we're on the first floor?",he asked confused. He wondered if he never noticed the button before.
"We made changes for reasonable reasons", she answered as the elevator shook sensing that they had landed on the floor.

Peter followed once again and noticed that it was pretty dark down there and that no one was around. They got close to a medal door where there was a spot to scan your hand. She scanned her hand and stopped before proceeding when the door opened. "We'll add your hand scan later." Peter bit his lip and followed her to a dark room, darker than before, and stood there in silence.

"Ready to be amazed?", she asked him with What Peter could assume was a smirk. Before he could say anymore, she flipped on the switch making it very bright which hurt Peter's eyes a little. When he straightened himself out, he saw a glass wall that inside held a human sleeping with the walls covered in ice.

"Who is that? Why are they in there? Why is it frozen? Why-", Pepper cut him off before he started to ramble on. She moved closer to the glass which Peter followed her steps and placed her hand on the glass.

"Someone contacted me saying they found a body laying in the snow of an avalanche. I wasn't sure why they were calling me because I assumed the body was dead but they told me that they managed to just pull the head out and they found them breathing. When I went to see them, they told me they had a concussion and that they had absorbed most of the snow so it was easy for them to take the body out but they knew they wouldn't survive without the cold so we are working on helping them survive without the cold."

Peter had blinked in complete wonder. You'd think he'd find this confusing and strange but it was cool that someone else too had powers. "When will they wake up?",Peter asked while also placing his hand on the glass. Surprisingly it wasn't cold. "Tomorrow actually. I've gathered the best doctors for them."

Peter and Pepper were in the kitchen right now discussing everything about the frozen person. "So am I coming back tomorrow to meet them?", Peter asked hoping she'd say yes. "No you can just stay the night, I'll even call aunt May for you!" Peter smiled at the kind gesture and walked up to the one of the thousands of guest rooms.

The Next Day

Peter was excited to wake up this morning. He couldn't wait for them to wake up. He had gotten up earlier than everyone else and was waiting for Pepper to awake. "Ah Peter you're up early", Pepper stated as she came out of the elevator. "Yes I just couldn't wait any longer!" Pepper giggled at his brightness and they went down together to see if they were awake.

When they got down there, they saw all the doctors entering and exiting the room but sadly they couldn't see the body because the glass wall was all foggy. When the next doctor exited, Pepper pulled him towards them and demanded answers.

"What is going on in there!" The Doctor stiffened at her raise of voice. "Mrs.Potts, They've awaken but due to all the stress they are going threw, the room has gotten colder and they froze the glass window." Peppers eyes widened and she immediately called for someone to bring them jackets so they could enter the room.

All the doctors had left the room and Pepper had talked to them first before Peter entered so they wouldn't be scared. A few minutes later she walked out and signalled for Peter to enter. Once he entered he heard the door close and faced the body who was facing the opposite direction he was standing in.

"Um hello?", He called out in a low voice so he wouldn't startle them. It was so cold in there he could barely see them. "Hi", he heard a soft voice say. He moved closer and sat across from the body watching their every move. "Hey I don't want you to feel scared, I just want to talk to you but I won't force you to."

Their figure shifted a little and when they did he felt the room get hotter and he knew he was doing well. "Hey, I wanted to know if you remember anything that happened?", Peter asked them hoping they'd answer him but when they turned around his mouth dropped.

"Oh! Y-you're a girl", he squeezed out as if it wasn't obvious already. She giggled in response and nodded her head. "Well I hope so, or else surviving an avalanche changes you." Peters mouth stretched upwards. He didn't think he'd be able to get her to talk to him. "So. Do you remember anything?" She nodded slightly and stiffened. "Yes I do. But it's hard to talk about right now." Peter nodded in an understanding way.

"Ok well my name's Peter Parker and I'm Spider-man." She rolled her eyes in a teasing way. "I know Peter, Pepper told me everything." Peter huffed in embarrassment. "Should've known." She smiled. "Well I'm Juliette Frost and I made this room freezing cold sorry." Peter laughed. "It's alright, we've all got our icebergs."

~~~

Yes I know I haven't posted in a very long time but it's because I'm very lazy I'm so sorry🥺 Anyways I hope u enjoyed this chapter have a wonderful rest of the week!

-Jenna