•3•

This one is quite long 1184 words

Odessa pov

Two weeks later

*beep* *beep* *beep*

"Ugh!" I rolled over and turned off my alarm. It was Monday. First day senior year here we go I thought what could wrong. I walked to my bathroom and thought about showering but I didn't since I showered last night and I didn't want to get my hair wet. I wash my face brush my teeth and get dressed. I don't really know what my style is yet even though I am 17 but I'm still finding it. I wear a little bit of everything.

This is what I wore today with the with the jersey just in case I got hot I could remove it

This is what I wore today with the with the jersey just in case I got hot I could remove it. My uncle wasn't home again.I didn't wanna eat breakfast so I grabbed my keys and headed out. Avani and I carpooled all Junior year but I guess we're not since Alejandro is taking. They been hanging out nonstop for the past two weeks it's kinda annoying I want my best friend back but I'm happy for her.
When I got to school I went straight to my locker. I'm not popular, Avani is my only friend. I look at my schedule and see that I have English first my only core class. I make my way to the class but slowly I didn't wanna be back already. I walk into the class and to my surprise see Avani sitting with Alejandro, mattia, and Alvaro.

A: Dess sit over here. I walk to the seat next to her. On the other side was mattia and in front of the boys was Alvaro.

Ale: Odessa are you going to the party this Friday?
O: I mean probably not
A: no! Please
O:I don't really like parties
Ale: cmon your a friend of Avani so your a friend of mine so you have to come
A: dessa pleaseeee🥺
O: ok fine

Mattia smiled at me. He has the nicest smile. Wait what I mean he is hot like really hot. But has a reputation of being a fuck boy and just a jerk in general. But that doesn't even matter because I would neva be interested i mean... no Odessa stop it. I focus on the class and before I know it it's second hour. When I get to class I see we have assigned seats. I find my seat not caring to look for who sits next to me. I sit in the back thank god. I put my head down deciding to ignore this whole class until I feel the chair next to me move. I was scared to see who it was. Whoever it was I have to be partners with for the whole year. What if they don't like me or think I'm weird. I brushed off that though and sit up to see Kairi. He looked at me and smiled.

Kai: hey aren't you Odessa, Avanis friend

O: yeah and your Kairi right. I knew who he was I just didn't wanna seem weird.

Kai: yeah but you can call me Kai

O: ok Kai

Kai: I heard that your going to the party this Friday

O: mhm Alejandro is making me go

Kai: yeah that man loves his parties

We talked about the party and senior year until the crossing bell rung ( so I'm gonna have there school set up like mine so the crossing bell is when people who have to cross campuses do so and it's two minutes before the normal bell and there's two campuses) I got up and grabbed my bag and went to the crossing path. The freshman we're walking so slow like what are you doing. I walked hella fast and got to the other campuses with time to spare. I go to a vending machine to get a snack . I put down my bag and grabbed a dollar but when I tried to put it just came back out.

O: "it's not even that fucking wrinkled" I said under my breath

??: "here" someone said putting a dollar under my face . I look up to se mattia whoa i didn't even k ow the kid talked I've never heard him do it.

O: no thanks it's working see. I put the dollar back in and it comes right back out

M:yeah because that is definitely working. He moves my hand anyway and puts his dollar in

O: thank you. I say handing him my dollar

M: no problem keep it. He said referring to my dollar then walks away

I grab my snack and the bell rings so I take my time to class because what's the difference between 1 and 5 minutes late. I finally get to class.

Teacher : miss parks you are late. Obviously I thought.

O:sorry, I head to a seat and finally get a look at the class. But it's not just a class it's the class from hell. There's Dev the backstabbing bitch that slept with my boyfriend she was seating next to mattia she was all up on him to then there was Robert and roshaun, I sit in the back and row behind them. After the teacher introduced the lesson we did independent work. That's when Dev turned my way getting Mattias attention.

D: well look who it is

O: Devy please stop talking to me

D: awe didn't you miss your bestie. She was in la all summer with not a content house

O: no I didn't and we're not friends I actually don't like you at all. I replied she just rolled her eyes and got to work. Mattia looked at me weird.

Third hour was my last class of the day as well as most seniors so I went to the parking lot to met with Vani we're going home together. When I get there she standing with the boys.

O: hey ready to go

A: yeah. Ok bye baby. She said to Alejandro and the kissed him. That was weird she never told me that they were that serious. We get to my car and I start driving.

O: what the actual fuck was that. I say speaking up.

A: oh we're together now

O: oH WeRe tOgEtHeR nOw I say mimicking her

A: I forgot to tell you

O: oh really I couldn't tell

A: sorry

O: it's whatever ig you should have just told me that my best friend was in a relationship

A: oh you wanna talk about relationships let's talk about how you looked at Mattia in the parking lot and class

O: I did not! I wouldn't be interested anyway.

A: good he's no good and would probably only wanna fuck you and then never talk to you again

O: well I wouldn't be mad

A: huh

O: like if there were to be a one night stand

A: you don't think you would catch feelings

O: me catch feelings?? No and why pass up on a meaningless fuck with a hot guy

A: ok...

I dropped her off and went home. Falling asleep.