breaking down walls (4)

Steff takes a deep breath as she knocks on the door. Soon the curly haired boy answers the door immediately looking at her confused.

“Steff why are you here?” he asks a bit confused

“I-I wanted to know of we could talk” she says quietly

He nods and opens the door further for her. She walks inside and they both go to the kitchen.

“So what did you need?” he asks smiling a bit

“I wanted to know if you'd like to come with me and my friends on our day out. We're all going swimming a a private beach and it's real nice there but i'm the oldest person there and I don't want anybody getting hurt.” she explains

“Course!” he says smiling “I'd love to go. Where should I meet you all? We can take my car.”

“in front of the hospital tomorrow 9am” she explains “And don't be late”

He nods and she smiles a bit. He takes her hand without warning and brings her into a hug. She hesitantly hugs back and then he walks her to the door.

“I'll see you tomorrow” he says gently smiling “Stay safe”

“I always do” she says

Steff turns and walks out before he can attempt anything. As she drives home all that runs through her mind is tomorrow. She really just invited Harold to join her and her two best friends. She never invites people in. Letting people in is a mistake to her. Every time she does she ends up hurt or broken. She walks into her room and gently slides her clothes off turning on the water for a shower. She looks at her thin body. Her bones stick out from her starving herself. Her stomach is flat to the point where it looks like she was never pregnant. She slides off her lace bra and panties and steps into her shower starting to wash her hair. Steff smiles as she hums random songs while washing her hair. After she finishes with her shower she steps out and walks into her room in just a towel. She grabs some clothes and slides off her towel sliding on a bra and underwear before grabbing her sweats. She lays down on her bed and looks at the picture she still has of her family from when she was first born. The only time her mum and dad were kind. The only time they didn't seem mad. Steff looks at the scar on her stomach and just lets tears flow. She hugs the picture as she rolls onto her side and goes to sleep.

Steff sighs as she wakes up and walks to her closet sliding on her bathing suit sliding on shorts and a tank top over top of them. She slides on some flats and smiles as she puts her hair in a ponytail. She walks outside and walks to the hospital. She walks to Aaron's room and laughs since Faith's in there cuddling him.

“awe should I give you both privacy?” Steff teases

“oh shut up” Faith says with a laugh.

Aaron rolls his eyes playfully and finishes hacking into the hospital and gets them out again for the day. As Steff takes them outside and they wait for Harold she taps her foot.