Sova x Sage

A/n : let me tell you how I got this idea. I generally play Sage and there was Sova in my team who was constantly staring at me. And I thought "Wow, Sova does look handsome, it can make a good Sova x Sage story." so here we are...hehe

It was the match point. A single round would decide the victory this time. "Let's end this." Jett said in energetic voice as usual. They have been giving tough competition. Sage wasn't feeling the best of her. Sova could tell something was wrong with her, she had never performed this worse in any match. "We can overcome them" Sage mumbled to motivate herself. She didn't speak too loudly but it was loud enough for Sova to hear. "I did not expect a healer to fight so well. You are incredible." Sova gave her a warm smile. Sage blushed a bit before returning the smile. The round started and they were defenders in this round. The team contained Sova, Sage, Jett, Phoenix and Reyna. The enemy team had Breach, Killjoy, Cipher, Omen and Yoru.

"One more win, and we're going out for drinks lads!" Phoenix said as Jett rolled her eyes. "Let's go to A" Jett proposed as everyone agreed. They reached to A and got into shooting positions as Sova, being an initiator, used his arrow. "Revealing area." They were expecting them to plant the spike at A but unfortunately only one enemy was found there. Cipher was there with machine gun and his constant fire didn't give much opening to others. Phoenix knew exactly what to do in situation like this. "Come on, let's go!" Phoenix got ahead and Cipher aimed at him. He shot Phoenix or at least he thought he did, Phoenix got back to his marker with full health as he posed his signature pose. That time was enough for Jett to sneak behind and shot Cipher. But now what! Cipher had wasted their enough time. "Everyone, hurry to A." Sova led the team to A where they knew enemy would plant the spike. 40 seconds already passed by and spike wasn't planted. Not only that, enemy was no where to be seen. Sova was getting anxious. Reyna took the lead and used her Leer ability to blind enemy in site. But no one was found except tower of Killjoy. Reyna shot it with ease but unknown to her, there was Omen on her right who lent intense damage to her. Reyna was lucky to get away and hide behind the wall. Jett and Phoenix were trying to shoot Omen but he used his shrouded step and was able to get away. The enemy weren't much worried about others as their main target was Sova. "Sova, the enemy..." Sage was worried about Sova but Sova interrupted. "I know, you go and help Reyna, I will cover you." Sage half-heartedly nodded. She didn't want to leave Sova alone in the middle of the battle field but she had a duty to fulfil. Sova fired to keep enemy away from Sage as she safely reached Reyna and healed her. But till then, 3 enemy had already surrounded Sova, Yoru used dimensional drift to get behind Sova and brutally killed him with a headshot. "Sova" Sage screamed out of panic. Enemy got away quickly to protect themselves from bullets of Phoenix and Jett. "Watch this" Jett activated her ultimate but Breach used flashpoint to blind her. Breach's aim was perfect and shot directly towards Jett. But it was unacceptable for Phoenix, he jumped in and took the shot. Phoenix sacrificed himself to save Jett. Jett was taken a back by it and went into hiding. The enemy was fast to take control of area. "If only Sova was alive." Reyna said. "I still miss one point of ultimate." Sage said with sorrowful voice. "We can't win now." Sage had completely given up after her beloved Sova's death. "Hey, I can see an opportunity." Reyna pointed at the black orb at certain distance. It was in area highly controlled by enemy, like you go there, you die. Sage looked at dead Sova and her will got stronger. "Let's do it." Jett and Reyna nodded as they covered for Sage. It was hard though. Saying it briefly, Jett wasn't so lucky, there wasn't another Phoenix to save her this time. But it was worth it maybe since Sage was successful to capture the orb. The chances were slim now. 30 seconds were left and they hadn't planted spike yet. Only Sage and Reyna was left whereas in enemy team, Breach with full health and Omen, Killjoy and Yoru, all were in considerable health. "If we can keep them from planting, we may get lucky." Reyna said. But alas, Spike was planted. Timer was reset to 45 seconds now. "Sage, we're the perfect pair... you give life, I take it." Reyna said as she got all out. To protect herself and Sova more, Sage created the wall. "Barrier created." Sage didn't waste the time and got close to Sova. She used her ultimate and Sova was revived. Sage looked into his eyes with relief. "Sova" her voice broke a bit as if she would burst into tears. Reyna was doing her best but 4v1 wasn't that good option. She did kill Omen though but Killjoy and Breach were serious at that moment. Both of them used their ultimate. Killjoy paralyzed her and she stood no chance against Breach's rolling thunder. 15 seconds left... "You go and defuse the spike." Sova got up. Sage knew that 3 blood-thirsty enemies were there but she had faith in Sova. She nodded and made way towards spike. She turned just to realize a big hall in her wall and Yoru was about to shoot her to death but "I am the hunter." Sova used his ultimate to show him down first. Sage got more confident and went straight to spike. Killjoy and Breach tried to dodge but no one could survive hunter's fury. All the enemy died and spike was defused. Sage got too happy and ended up hugging Sova. "Continue to give us vision, Sova." And it was a happy ending...