Yoru x OC

A/N: Hey everyone, I hope you're enjoying. I'm writing my first OC story here, so go easy on me.

OC stands for Original/Own character.

Let me introduce her. (I don't owe the picture)

 (I don't owe the picture)

Name : Meralin

Age : Same as Yoru

Past : She was childhood friend of Yoru

Power : She has no powers

Personality : Kind hearted and emotional

Hope you enjoy the story...

Yoru x OC

The snow was falling slowly and the cold covered the area. Only silence was heard and it felt like time had stopped, especially for Yoru who was sitting there with no intention to move. A storm of thoughts was swirling in his mind, he was feeling thousands of emotions but didn't want to express any of them. For other people, he was just a confused teenager but there was one person who understood him like nobody. Meralin came to him with umbrella in her hand. "Did this snow put away the fire inside you, Yoru?" She asked with warm and tender tone. Yoru didn't even bother to look up to her. She smiled at him and waited for reply nevertheless. "I hate them..." Yoru finally decided to speak. Meralin knew that he had lot to speak so she sat beside him. "They don't care...They don't care at all..." Yoru's voice was getting louder with each sentence. "We were humiliated, the kingdom humiliated our ancestors and they want us to go in history." At this point Yoru was practically screaming out of frustration. Meralin understood quite well how everything was so important to Yoru. After all his family and friends refused to fight against Kingdom, he was left alone. Meralin caressed Yoru's cheek and made him look at her. "Yoru..." she said with such gentle tone that her words got engraved in Yoru's heart.

"Don't stop fighting, you must keep going even if you're the only one."

It's been 5 years since Yoru got motivated to fight alone. Although his friends and family didn't fight alongside him, he had someone to go to in the end. That support was enough to keep him going. After years of hard work, he found the armor of his ancestor which was said to have great powers. Yoru needed to get it but he wasn't the only one. The kingdom wanted to seal the secrets of his ancestors along with that armor. It was the time for war at Icebox.

Yoru was quite talented. He could take on anyone alone but kingdom sensed him and got tighter security there. Tons of bots were assigned to secure the armor. "Our top priority is to capture that intruder." With that command from kingdom, the bot army was on move. Yoru, being confident, got into the building and reached to the armor somehow but alas, he was seen. He had no time to take perfect look at the whole armor so he just took the mask and got away. There were more bots that he expected, although he was successful to ditch them but the mask was left behind. The strict orders from kingdom stated that intruder takes the highest priority, bots were busy finding him all over the area. The mask was picked up by none other that Meralin. You must be wondering how? She was worried about Yoru all there years so when she got to know about that armor, she was sure that she would find him here and she couldn't help but rushed there. She was smart enough to understand the situation, it was miracle how she was not seen by any bots, maybe because bots were fixated on Yoru or maybe because she was too short to be noticed. She looked at that mask with curious eyes, she had no idea what it can do. She just kept it and went to find Yoru.

She was lucky though, she could hear many bots firing. Yoru was having trouble handling all of them by himself. He was firing back but at one point, he had to reload. Bots took that chance and went forward. Meralin couldn't bear to see that and screamed out his name. "Yoru, behind you." Yoru got alert and swung his gun to hit that bot hard. The attention was now shifted to Meralin, thinking that she would be easier prey, bots started firing towards her. Yoru couldn't believe his eyes but he didn't have time for that. He jumped forward and passed through bots just to reach Meralin and "Time to jump" He teleported to nearby area where bots could not see him. "What are you doing here?" Was the first statement Yoru said to her. "I...was worried about you." She said in timid tone. Yoru sighed. He never expected to see her here in this dangerous situation, he didn't even want to imagine what could happen to her. They didn't teleport too far so bots were faintly aware about their presence. "Meralin, I will hold them back, you can escape from that way. Go." Yoru said as he prepared himself to fight. "But Yoru, what about you?" Meralin asked with concern. "Don't worry about me, GO." The bots were already there, Yoru took out his gun and went to face them alone. Meralin couldn't think of anything so she just obeyed what Yoru said and started running. Yoru couldn't lose here, he knew that he had responsibility of two lives at that time. Considering Yoru's potential, Kingdom sent one of the higher officers to take the situation into their hand. Yoru didn't have to find that main person since they came to him. "What a waste of talent, young man!" They taunted Yoru. He was shot a couple of times but he still wanted to fight. "You could live longer if you hadn't come here." Their pure wicked voice raised anger in Yoru. "Shine..." (It means 'Die' in Japanese.) Yoru cursed him and aimed for their head but they didn't even flinch. "Surrender young man, if you want to see her alive." Yoru's eyes widened as he realized that they had captured Meralin. "Put down your gun now." They ordered Yoru. Meralin struggled to get free from bots' grip but she wasn't strong enough. "Yoru." She quietly called him. The guilt was flowing through her heart, she was the reason Yoru had to surrender. Yoru put down his gun and stood helplessly in front of them. They smirked but Yoru felt something different as if he had something in his pocket. (Let's assume Yoru has a big pocket somewhere). He slowly glanced and he was surprised to find the mask there. Meralin had slowly slipped it there when Yoru teleported them. They were shocked to find the mask in Yoru's hand, they planned to shoot him but Yoru was faster. "I'll handle this." Yoru said and put on the mast and drifted through the dimension. The bullets went past him as Kingdom officer understood that they had lost. Yoru went past them and pulled Meralin in different dimension before making their escape. Yoru got the mask and kingdom took care of rest of the armor parts.

Yoru tore the dimension and got back to reality. It was the first time he had done something like that so he was breathing heavily and his heart was beating faster. "Yoru..." Meralin broke the silence. Yoru could feel her voice crack a bit. "You shouldn't have come here." Yoru said. "I'm sorry but I was too worried..." Meralin was trying her best to hold back her tears. Yoru put hands behind the wall and trapped her. "Do you think they can kill a God?" Meralin didn't answer. Yoru kept staring at her as she pulled herself together. "Baka...what if something-" before Meralin could complete her statement, Yoru interrupted her with a soft kiss. Meralin was shocked at first but it didn't take her much time to melt and kiss back. When they pulled apart, Yoru was smiling. "Thank you." Those were the sincerest words Meralin had heard in a while.