Cypher x Nora

A/N: I got to know about Cypher's past and his wife was Nora. His past is so emotional T_T. Hope you enjoy.

Cypher's POV~~~

It felt so unrealistic. I lost the most precious person to me for whom I fought with my very life at risk. But I just couldn't save her. Standing in front of her grave, I wanted to burst into tears, I wanted to tear the world apart and bring her back but alas, I couldn't do anything but stand there with guilty heart. Before even realizing, I was drowning deeper and deeper into the darkness of depression but I saw a ray of hope. That light came as the form of "Valorant protocol."

"Cypher, once we stop them from planting, we will go to other side of rift." I could hear Sova from earphone. "Don't worry Sova, nobody escapes me but they'll try." It was time to do what I could do the best, to meet her again. As Valorant protocol, we fought them to step stealing our radianite. I placed my spycams and trapwires around to spot them as soon as possible. "Between you and me, Sova, there's no where they can hide. How fun..." I said to Sova as our battle began. There were 5 of us and 5 of enemies, fair fight, huh? I lifted the gun with no regrets as my vision was clear. My main job was to tell my allies where enemies were. One of them stumbled upon my trapwire. "Caught one." I gave locations to Phoenix to take care of them. I was watching on the other side but I heard a very familiar mechanical sound. I looked up to find a spycam. It was so similar to mine but I could tell it wasn't mine. "There is another of me." I heard Omen and looking at that camera I got to know that there's another Cypher as well. I shot that spycam dead and moved forward slowly to sneak behind them. "Who will see better, Aamir?" I mumbled as I saw my copy in front me shooting my allies. I took my aim as he was already severely injured. He shot down Phoenix as he reloaded his gun. I wanted to shoot him but his words froze me. "Nora, I will see you again." That name rang into my ears and for a moment I was lost in my thoughts. That another Cypher was giving his best to protect her, I could feel him. I knew the pain of losing her, I knew how grey the world looks without her but that's why I wanted to see her again so badly. I almost yelled at him. "There can be only one." And shot him down. He fell on the group, barely alive and looked at me with those desperate eyes. I knew what he was wishing for but unfortunately it wouldn't come true. The person she would see today would be me. "She doesn't need two of us." I told him and left. We stopped them all and we were ready to dive into another dimension now. It was finally the moment I waited for too long. "Don't be afraid. I've gone through rifts before." Sova took the lead. I braced myself for the upcoming moment. We passed through that rift and we saw the almost similar world as ours. We decided to split up and explore it as our wish. I knew exactly where to go. I went straight to my home, where I used to live with her, where I had lived the best moments of my life. With throbbing heart, my hand reached to the door knob and I tried to open it. I was excited and scared at the same time. I turned the knob but it was locked. 'Where can she be?' I got scared, scared to think that I would lose her again. No, I had no courage to stand it once again. The negativity took the bet out of me but I was brought back to reality by that sweet voice. "Cypher." How long did I wait to hear this? Unknown to me a lone tear escaped from my eye. I didn't turn around, how could I face her with wimpy face? "You're early today, I went to market to buy some groceries. I'm cooking your favorite dinner today." She was so gentle. "Aamir...dear." She got worried due to lack of my response. "Are you alright?" She slowly asked. I just turned around and hugged her tightly. She was surprised to see me acting like this that the bag she was carrying fell on the ground but there was a lot for her to catch up. Currently I wasn't in the mood to explain, I just wanted to feel her, right there, with me, I never wanted to let go of her. She was kind enough to support me at my worst. She relaxed and hugged me back. "I love you, Nora." I could barely say without sobbing. "I love you too Aamir."