A lonely tale

A/n: Hey guys, it's gonna be a different story from others since I could not find a good character for the story, I decided to merge it with Valorant.

Idea by Abella.
Genre: Loneliness (I wonder if such a genre even exists)

Warning: Mention of loneliness and negativity so read it at your own risk

Title: A lonely night at the hotel room

The peace was resonating across the world, hence the Valorant Protocol had extra time to solve other issues. One such side mission was assigned to the brightest and most colorful agent named Raze.
She was assigned a side mission far from the headquarters. A cheerful farewell was bid at the airport and everyone separated to walk on their temporary diverging paths.
Various smiles and excitement were seen on everyone's face except a certain Brazilian. She was wearing her usual headphones and playing her favourite song on repeat. Once a bright smile that could dull the Sun was now replaced by a confused frown. The eyes which were always seeking destruction were now finding distant silence in some isolated corner. As much as she wanted her emotions to flow, a heavy breath was enough to realise the reality for now, at least until she reached the hotel. Chewing a bubblegum, she asked the receptionist to hand over the keys of her pre-booked room. The receptionist confirmed her identity and gave her complete access and showed her the way to the furthermost room of the hallway.
With every step that she took, she made sure to walk away from the world. The door knock was touched by the cold hands and a small room was revealed. A hazy mind entered and examined the room. It felt like the snow-white walls were screaming a melody of emptiness. Raze approved for receptionist's leave and locked the door from behind.
Finally, it felt like an eternity since Raze had all the time of the world of her own. As much as she wanted to break down, she picked herself up and put her bag down before throwing herself on the soft bed. The warmth surrounded her in an instance as she removed her headphones. She hugged the pillow tightly and closed her eyes. Her failed attempt to silence her mind came to an end when her phone rang. Half heartedly she extended her hand to pick it up. "Hey Raze. Travelled safely to the destination?" A lively voice of Neon echoed in the closed room. "Yeah." Raze tried to be as normal as she could. The difference in her voice was clearly seen but luck was by her side. As Neon was busy with her own stuff, she didn't pay much attention. "Alright. Hope to see you soon after the mission. Take care" and she hung up. Raze sighed. The flashback of her life long journey was flashing in her head, the past where she fought to survive, the battlefield where she rose, every sacrifice that she made and all the decisions that led her to her present. All the thoughts of her past along with her bottled up feelings were overflowing and it created a hurricane which was impossible to escape. Still, a little ray of hope was generated by force, thinking that whatever she has done until now was absolutely correct. Raze got up, checked the room and posted a picture on the social media. She hoped that it would lighten up the atmosphere but alas, there was nothing that could calm the storm inside her head, not even her fancy songs. It didn't even take a couple of minutes for Raze to give up. Her mind was over analysing her entire life without her permission. The curtains were dropped to block the sunlight from entering the room so the darkness could persist. Raze rested her arm on her face to cover her eyes as if she wanted to drown even deeper into the black. Her tempting intentions were agitating her to disappear far from this sinful world and to end all the misery at once. There was neither sorrow nor tear in her eyes, only things remained were the regrets and guilt when the world felt like the loneliest place. It was about time when the Sun gave up and handed the command over to the mood but alas, the soothing faint light could not melt her heart. She rolled over and tried to sleep. She knew that it was the only day when she could take a break from being positive, from being cheerful, from being someone who is hiding all her fears. She let her emotions flow throughout her body and let her mind consume every demon's prey. She closed her eyes with the hope to never open them again. But hey, the world is not kind enough to go easy on us.
The morning light brought another disappointment in her life which she knew that she was not going to escape. She had to embrace the harsh reality. Her mind still wanted to stay in the same state when she heard a familiar burst. Poof. Omen teleported in her room. She rolled her eyes at him. "Omen...privacy!" Omen completely ignored her words and put a plate with her favorite breakfast on the table. "Brimstone told me to deliver it to you since you like it very much." Omen didn't want to stretch the conversation but when he was about to leave, he turned to take a last look. The creature who knew the space beyond death could read the atmosphere there. "Raze..." He addressed. "The laughter you show, do not cease it without reading the consequences." Raze didn't even bother to answer and let Omen teleport back.
It was about time. Raze ate the breakfast and left the hotel room to attend her mission but the fact remained that the room never witnessed a single smile.