Omen x Sage

A/N: Hey folks, it's been a while. I'm not sure about the perfect lore but the story assumes that Viper's experiments somehow killed Omen and Sage was his lover and she tries to save him. And if I'm not wrong, the real names of Viper and Omen are Sabine and Fred respectively.

"No...no no no no no," Sabine exclaimed in denial. She didn't want to accept the fact that her noble ability to heal people could actually kill someone. The victim being her one of her experienced co-workers Fred. The atmosphere of despair engulfed everyone in the lab. There was one certain person who could not accept this reality. Rather, she was willing to go to any length to get back her loved one.

"The lab will be under inspection for 3 more days, they are maintaining the safe environment of the lab..." Sabine was not able to complete her statement as Sage interrupted her. "There's a place where I need to be. I'm not sure if I will come ba-" "You're not going to throw away your own life because of this, are you?" "I'm sorry Sabine but after all that happened, I'm afraid I won't be able to forgive anyone." Sage left as the harsh words left wounded Sabine alone to atone. The very reason behind her vicious behaviour lies in her inability to get that forgiveness.

On the other hand, Sage was ready to take on the impossible challenge of her life. Her steps halted at the mountain which was rumored to give life. No one had ever accomplished that task and it sounded more like a legend, not sure if it was true. Sage had nothing to lose in her life anymore so she devoted her life to this one chance. 'I want to bring him back to life.' She thought and she started climbing.

After hundreds and thousands of steps, she kept going without any rest. But it wasn't as easy. The air began to lose its concentration as the fog surrounded her. But it was not even close to shaking her off her willpower. She kept going until she felt like...she wasn't alone. She felt a shadow following her quietly. The shadow didn't attempt to interact with her so she also ignored it and continued her journey. "You won't make it." The echo resounded as she looked around. The shadow was whispering to her, to make her give up. "I've witnessed the fall of many." The shadow whispered again. "I don't care." Sage didn't even look at the shadow behind her and kept walking. "Don't you have anything to go back to?" The shadow asked with a tempting voice. "The one I want to go back to...is on the top," Sage said with fire in her eyes. The shadow understood that she wasn't one to give up as she had only one reason left to live. "I can help you." An evil aura surrounded the shadow. As much as Sage knew how harmful it could be, she couldn't see the end of her journey without his help. "The top of the mountain is sealed far beyond your powers. It takes humans many years to reach there but I can open a door that can lead you there immediately." At that point, the deal was made. "I will open the door for you." The shadow's mouth widened with a sinister smile. "What do you want from me?" Sage was clever enough to see through his tricks. "Just a part of your satisfaction...a lifelong regret to feed upon." Sage knew that it was a bad idea to make a deal with this demon but her impatience took over her. The greed to see him alive once again...as soon as possible. "I agree." Sage gave her confirmation. With a final ominous smile, the shadow disappeared behind the bright light. Following the bright light, Sage found the door and reached to the top. The first and last person to ever reach there. When she put the first step there, she felt an intense aura overflowing inside her body. Her radiant powers awakened and her wish was fulfilled. The most beloved person appeared in front of her and his soul returned. That was the moment Sage was longing to see. She could finally see him alive again, she could be in his arms. But the happiness is a lie in this world. The curse of the shadow triggered and it took away a part of her most precious entity...a part of his soul. Fred came back to life but not completely. With part of his taken soul, he stumbled upon the edge of life and death. He became a hideous monster. Sage could not stand it. The very purpose of her life fell in front of her and the devil won. That's when she realized her mistake of being greedy. She fell to the ground, crying out of agony. Fred, who was now Omen could not comprehend the situation completely but a part of his humanity empathised with his loved one who was crying at her lowest. He went closer to her and held her hand. "Sage, you are truly...limitless." Omen's hands moved subconsciously to wipe her tears. "Thank you for bringing me to life but there is no point in regretting it now. Use your powers to save others." That's when Sage decided to devote her life to helping her allies and standing by his side even as a member of the Valorant protocol. However the guilt never really left her heart completely and the demon kept feeding on it. Still, bearing that burden inside her, Sage stood high to protect her allies.