Chamber x Reader

A/n: this story is a work of fiction and it just involves my imagination of this scene shown in the picture. I'm not sure what exactly is his fear but let's assume something. I hope you like it. Thank you for reading this.

Chamber x Reader

(Y/n)'s POV~~~

It was silent. Dead silent! Just as it was supposed to be. The silence of comforting and peaceful night where people rest and get energy for the new day. But maybe not everyone is lucky enough to get a good night sleep. It was around 1:50 AM. 'About time...' I thought as I pretend to be asleep beside my boyfriend. My boyfriend was sleeping but not so peacefully. He was moving his arms and legs vigorously as if he was fighting someone in his dreams. He was sweating as if his dreams were scaring him. I understood that he was fighting the evil everyday but it never bothered him. Just before the few days, it all started when he accepted some new mission regarding a radiant.

As I said, it was about time...He opened his eyes with complete terror. I closed my eyes and started to pretend that I was asleep when he looked at me. He sat on the bed for a few seconds. He adjusted my blanket and gently brushed my hair before leaving the room. He was doing this same thing for days. I knew where he was going. To his workshop. In the midnight you ask. Yes. In the morning, I always find him sleeping in his workshop with his signature sniper in his hand. He must have fallen asleep while polishing it. Why would he polish his guns in the night? Because of nightmares.

I never really knew what was wrong as I was not the part of Valorant protocol. I wasn't a radiant and Chamber didn't want me to involve much because of my own safely.

That was it. I needed answers now. The next morning, I got up to find Chamber in the same location. I coughed as he woke up. "oh...Good morning (Y/n), did you sleep well?" I was a little annoyed by his behaviour. "I should be the one to ask that." I raised my brow. He rubbed his eyes which got dark circles due to lake of sleep. "I slept good." He said in sleepy voice. It was really not hard to see that he was lying. "Chamber...dear, I know something is wrong, why don't you tell me?" I sat beside him with pleading eyes. "I'm fine (Y/n)...I...was just...checking my weapons." He lied again. "At midnight?" I questioned as he sighed. "Dear, don't you trust me?" I had to blackmail him a little to get my answers. "It's nothing like that." He got up. "I need to go for work. See you at night." And he got back to our room to get ready. It didn't take him much time to suit up and leave for his work. I had no other option but to worry the whole day.

My day was quite anxious, I just wanted Chamber to tell me what was bothering him. I had no options but to wait for him to make up his mind. Finally, he got back from work...with a wound. My eyes widened to see bandages wrapped around his waist. I rushed towards him to support him. "Chamber...are you alright?" He smiled at me and nodded. I helped him get into the bedroom and laid him in the bed. "I can..." I didn't let him complete the statement. "No, you don't. You're staying here to rest. Now sleep." I said with a little louder voice. "Sleep!" He exclaimed quietly. I looked at the terror in his eyes when I mentioned 'sleep'. I sat next to him on the bed. "Chamber...I'm observing you since few days and you're not getting enough sleep." "I guess so. That's why I couldn't focus today and got shot." I knew his field of work was dangerous but it still made me cry. My eyes were watery and I was trying my best not to burst into tears.

Chamber looked at me with worry. "(Y/n)" He caressed my cheek with one hand which I hugged softly. "Chamber...please" I begged to him when he gave in. "I'm having nightmares. They suspect that our opponent this time is a radiant who can use our fears against us. Everyday...I look at my pathetic self being insignificant among others. It's like their shine will fade me eventually." His voice started cracking. Chamber had seen a lot in his past, it was his fear to be disappeared. I could tell how much it was bothering him since I never seen him so vulnerable before. I laid down beside him and hugged him tightly. "Even if you disappear, I will always find you." I hugged him for quite long time to comfort him. I thought the matter would be resolved now but I was wrong.

At the night, the same thing happened. I thought that Chamber would wake me up but he again went to his workshop silently. I couldn't keep down about it anymore. I went to his workshop to find him cleaning his guns. He was surprised to see me. "(Y/n)...weren't you sleeping?" He asked. "No, of course not. How can I sleep when you haven't slept in a while?" He looked down feeling guilty. "I'm...sorry." "I don't need apology, Chamber." I sat down and pet my lap, signalling him to rest his head. He was a little embarrassed about the situation but he knew that I was pretty stubborn so he laid down with his head resting on my lap. "Now, take some deep breaths and try to sleep...without thinking anything about your mission." I instructed. He closed his eyes, with one of his hands on his guns. I held his other hand.

That day, Chamber saw the same dream. He saw himself disappearing in front of his co-workers till the limit when he was no longer recognizable to anyone. He felt hopeless and despaired. He was about to wake up from this nightmare when he heard a sweet voice calling out for him. "Chamber." He looked up to see an angel named (Y/n) offering her hand. Chamber never felt this happy before when he took her hand and she dragged her to the ultimate utopia.

That was the best sleep Chamber had in a while thanks to (Y/n). He was no longer afraid of nightmares.